Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Monday, December 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm (took maybe 30 minutes to fall asleep), got up once at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Glenn heard that IKEA is open now. I googled it and it still sounds like it won’t be open until 2nd “semester” of 2024.

I completed my usual workout in Smartift from 8:15 to 9:13, today increasing the treadmill speed from 4.5 km/hr to 5km/hr.

Los PorteƱos was uncharacteristically busy today but I still managed to find a table outside. I have a game with Troyclough that’s probably a draw but I’m going to proceed to see if I might be able to turn it into a win.

I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

Teresa has a friend in Clinica Las Americas so we’re going to make a trip there this afternoon. It’s 88 degrees today so Teresa suggested we wait until 4pm to leave when it’s a little cooler.

About 3pm a young girl came to our door selling little boxes containing “end of year” stuff for 25mil. We bought one.

At 4:20 we took a Didi to Clinica Las Americas for 10,500 pesos.

Teresa went into the clinic and I noticed a pharmacy attached to the building so I bought another container of Dermacortine for 146,500 pesos ($37), a little expensive.

In De Lolita I had a latte and finished a game vs Troyclough. On the 39th move it looked like a draw but I texted him I was going to try for a win. About 6 moves later I offered him a draw which he declined. Two moves later he blundered and resigned on his next move. My rating is now 1583.

Teresa came out about 6:30 and we shared a polito de queso and she had a latte. At 7pm I checked Didi and they wanted 20,500 pesos for a ride back to the apt. I waited 25 more minutes more and it was reduced to 10,500 pesos which I accepted. Traffic was still heavy especially the first few blocks near the clinic.

We were back at the apt by 8pm.

I received an email from Hotel Villa Alicia asking me to confirm our reservation. I did and asked if they have any special menu or shows for Christmas Eve.

I finished reading Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef. I don’t remember reading a book before that after the book there was an Epilogue, a Postscript, and an Afterward. That was followed by The Players, Glossary, Timeline, Endnotes, and finally The Authors.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment