Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Monday, December 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

What an interesting morning.

Last night I created a new database from my new Killer Dutch Rebooted book. One of the last things I did was slightly rename it. This morning when I went into ChessBase 16 most of my databases were missing. Luckily, I did a screenprint of where I stored the new database so hopefully that will help me fix this problem.

I noticed another thing that look strange on my Windows interface, files with a checkmark inside a green circle.

I completed my workout in Smartfit from 8am to 9am, adding an additional 5# to the following machines: Leg Extension, Triceps Press, Leg Curl, and Abdominal Crunch. I was able to handle them with no problem.

By 9:30 I was in Los Porteños but all the outside tables were taken. I took a nearby table inside and was able to move outside when a large group left about 20 minutes later.

Troyclough blundered a knight and resigned increasing my rating to 1588.

I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

As I stepped into the porteria the portero handed me a box. Upstairs in the apt when I opened it, it contained my 2 bottles of missing Joint Support (now that was a surprise), my Kindle Paperwhite, 2 envelopes from Charles Schwab (monthly account summaries for September and October), my October Chess Life magazine, and a Heifer International Gift Catalog (no, really).

When I went to retrieve my iced tea from the refrigerator it was partly frozen so I guess I need to lower the temperature by another degree. I’ll wait until a time when Teresa isn’t home.

I noticed another thing that look strange on my Windows interface, files with a checkmark inside a green circle. Per Google, “The green checkmark inside a circle on your Windows 10 desktop icons indicates that Microsoft OneDrive has successfully backed up your files to the cloud. When you see this checkmark, it means that the file or folder associated with it is synchronized with your OneDrive account1. These checkmarks appear on Windows PCs where you have signed in to your OneDrive account.”

I also see I only have 6.34GB free of 118GB on my C: drive and 44.8GB free of 447GB on my D: drive.

Per my screenshot, my databases are in ThisPC > Documents > ChessBase > MyWork >

When I look there I can see all of my database files and they all have that “green checkmark inside a circle”.

It looks like my Recycle Bin is full. I figured out how to unhide it and emptied it.

The only databases showing on my ChessBase 16 interface are those in My Databases.

I can see the database files listed under ThisPC > Documents > ChessBase > MyWork > but I can’t find them from ChessBase 16. Wow, I just clicked on Database Path and there they are. All is good again!

I left the apt at 2:30, the patio wasn’t open at Otra Parte so I had a latte in their café. When they brought me the check the bill was just under 8mil, probably 7mil plus tip, but I already had 12mil in my hand so I gave it to the waiter and told him to keep the change. I left at 5:30 and returned to the apt.

I have no idea how Innovation Corp’s locker system works so I’m going to have to visit Nobraskja so she can explain it to me. I see the payment amount of $18.63 frequently appearing so that is probably the minimum (monthly?) payment.

I set up, easy peasy, my new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader. The first 2 months, until February 18, 2024 are free. All the books I can read in 2 months. Woo hoo!

The first book I downloaded was Why We Sleep by Mattew Walker, PhD. I started reading until it was my time to sleep, 9:30.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment