Thursday, December 28, 2023

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 4:45, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 5:30. Hmm. Maybe I no longer need 8 hours sleep and 7 is sufficient? Time will tell.

I had a short nap on the recliner from 7:30 to 8am.

I completed my workout in Smartfit from 8:15 to 9:15. I found that the button for the 3rd shower stall gives water longer per press than some of the other stalls. The first wave is cold and after that its mostly warm.

I had coffee in Los Porteños for a couple hours. I bought a sleeve of 6 bagels in Eduardo Madrid for 16,800 pesos before returning to the apt.

Teresa talked to someone at Dann Carlton about New Years Eve. They are booked but they could put us at a large table (with others) by the pool. The problem is we’d be gambling that the weather (wind & rain) cooperates. Teresa wants to go check it out so I suggested we have lunch there.

Teresa was too hungry so she changed her mind about taking a bus. I ordered a Didi and we left at 1:20 for the Dann Carlton. We stopped in the first restaurant we encountered, named 43rd Street.



Teresa had asparagus soup, chicken salad and a beer while I had their Wok bowl and a mango juice.



For dessert we shared a slice of Tiramisu and we each had a latte. The total check came to 167,724 pesos ($44) not including tip. I suggested I leave a 20mil tip but Teresa said that was too much. I suggested 15mil and she approved. I gave the waitress the 15mil and after she left Teresa said the waiters share the tips with the cooks and I should have given more. Too late now!

Our waiter showed us the pool area and it’s a nicely covered area so I think we’re safe from any rain



We went up to the banquet reservation room and they managed to squeeze us into the main ballroom on the 18th floor for 926,640 pesos ($237). Festivities begin December 31st at 7:30pm.

We returned to the apt by taxi and our driver, Carlos, told Teresa several stories that he’s experienced with gringos.

Troyclough checkmated me in 53 moves, dropping my rating 10 points to 1583.

We watched a couple more episodes of Pablo Escobar.

 

JOKES, EXPLAINED, UNNECESSARILY



No comments:

Post a Comment