Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday, September 13th, 2013

Last night when I went to bed I saw a small lizard at the top of the bedroom wall next to the ceiling.  I used a clothes hanger to coax him lower and when I tried to grab him he jumped onto the floor and ran under the bed so I gave up.

I went to bed at 11pm, had some difficulty getting to sleep, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:20 and got up at 7:10.

I paid my utility & communication bills at Exito and bought 2 boxes of bath soap because I just started using the last bar.  I then went for breakfast at Bunuelo Express.

While waiting for my food a pretty bird flew to the back of a chair at the next table.  He looked around then flew to the chair at the table next to mine looked around then flew to the top of the chair right next to me.  He was eyeing my food when I said “oh, no you’re not” and he flew away.  You have to show these animals who is boss.  Lol.

For the first time I’ve been here, since last night I seem to have some intestinal discomfort.  It isn’t quite diarrhea and it isn’t too serious yet but it isn’t quite normal.

Lunch was the 7mil special at Likke’s with Jhon.  Back at the apartment I changed back into my jeans and gym shoes.  At 2:15 we met again outside Viva C.C. and took the Circular Sur 303 bus and at 2:35 got off on Carrera 46 right in front of the building we needed.

In talking to Natalia I found out she didn’t find my August payment so I actually had no insurance coverage that month.  Scary!  Because of that I am “double paid” for this month so I don’t have to pay again until November.  Jhon gave her his phone number so now she can work through him instead of Reina.  I told her I would make my payments on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd every month and I would email her a copy of my bank deposit.  Hopefully that should take care of any problems with missed payments.

We then walked about 6 blocks west and Jhon put me on the Santra Belen 315 bus and gave the driver instructions to drop me off at Laureles Mall.  While still stuck downtown I bought a lime-aid drink for 1mil.  I really don’t care for lemon or lime drinks but I needed it to keep my cool on the stuffy bus.  At 3:20 we drove past Beatriz’ office.  I was trying to keep an eye on where we were so I could figure out myself when it’s time to get off.  The problem is that the top half of the windows are blacked out making it difficult to impossible to locate and read the street signs.  At 3:35 the driver dropped me at LM and for dinner I had a FriSnack at Frisby.  Augusto was supposed to meet me at 4pm to play chess and at 4:30 I gave up and left. 

I got Jhon to close up shop and join me for a drink at the corner store.  Who did I see sitting there but Reina’s cousin (Angela’s daughter) Marcella.  Bob joined us a little while later.  I left at 6:15 and headed for the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment