Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013



Last night I watched episodes 8 & 9 of Homeland.  As I was going into Netflix I noticed an advertisement for a Netflix subscription for 14mil a month.  I wonder if everything I would watch would be in Spanish?
I went to bed at 10:45, and even though I got up twice during the night I was able to get back to sleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Breakfast was a waffle with milk from the corner store.  On my way there I saw Jhon opening his office at 8:35am.

I took a nap from about 9:45-10:45.

Lunch was the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s and then I picked up my laundry (bed sheets, towels, and shirts) for 24mil.  

I stopped at Jhon’s office on the way back and I helped him decipher a few audio recordings in English (with a little bit of an Australian accent) he had and he worked with me a little bit on Spanish vowels.  He emailed me his interpretation of how “a, e, i, o, and u” are pronounced.

When I got back to my apartment I saw it’s the same as what I copied off the Internet yesterday so I emailed that to him.

On my way to LM I chatted with Bob a bit at Redd’s bar.  He now has his Cedula in his hands and I told him how everyone makes a color copy and laminates it and hides the original.  He told me that while Pensionado Visas and Cedulas still have to be renewed in Bogota he believes it can be done online.  That would be very nice!

At LM, I stopped in the pet shop as I often do and one of the workers there talked to me in English.  Nice guy!  I wanted to remember his name but I didn’t have any paper to write it down on.  I hope it comes to me later.
Augusto showed up right at 4pm.  A couple minutes later Luz Marina also stopped by.  Now that I could see her in the daylight I can see she’s closer to 50 than 40, but still cute.  I asked him directly if she was his novia (girlfriend) and he said no, that he is friends with her brother.  I wonder if he’ll tell her I inquired about her.

Augusto and I played 2 30-minute games that I both won and then 2 or 3 faster games without a clock and I won those also.  He told me he has a couple of chess books at home so I guess that’s his way of telling me he’s going to start studying.

About 5:45 Beatriz called, crying, and told me she can’t go to the movie tonight, something about her family, but she could come over for a while.  I didn’t understand what time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment