Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, September 20th, 2013



Last night I watched Homeland episode 10.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night and was woken at 5:55 by Lionel’s radio downstairs.  I had a mini cramp in my right calf but it only lasted a couple seconds.  I finally woke/got up at 7:45.

I got an email from Amazon that my book Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player (3rd Revised Edition) was returned (almost 14 weeks after I ordered it) and they have credited my account with all charges ($31.03), even shipping.  Now I wonder if I can intercept the 2nd book I ordered before it gets returned as “undeliverable”.

I checked the new movies being released in America and Prisoners with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal with an IMDB rating of 8.0 sounds interesting.

Beatriz called me and I think she invited me to have dinner at her mother’s house tomorrow.  She’s coming over about 2:30 tomorrow and we’ll talk by computer.

I checked the movies playing here in Medellin and We’re the Millers is still playing at Molinos at 6:40pm and 9:20pm.

I don’t have an answer from RS so for now I’m repeating the Core Lessons for Unit 1, Lessons 1-4.

Jhon was having lunch at his sister’s house so I had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s.  I cut through Exito and found a couple of small refrigerators for about 400mil ($200).  They look like they would be large enough to hold my milk, Coke, and butter.

On the way back I found Bob at Jhon’s office and we chatted for a while.  Jhon had to leave for about 20 minutes so I took that opportunity to tell Bob some more jokes that I’ve already shared with Jhon.

Back at LM I stopped in the pet store and talked to the man I met yesterday.  His name is Wilson and we had a nice conversation until a customer came in.

I met Augusto at 4pm at LM and we played 2 games which I both won.  We decided to meet again at 4pm on Monday.

Walking through Viva I noticed that Leños & Carbon is now Leños Gourmet Restaurante/Bar with white table clothes and an extensive liquor menu.  Bob told me later it must have changed after he walked by at 1pm today.

Bob was at the corner store with Pablo and his girlfriend? Elizabeth Isabel.  We talked for hours until I finally left about 9:30.  While there I consumed a large bag of potato chips, 3 Cokes, and a coconut ice cream cone (appr. 50 cents).

No comments:

Post a Comment