Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday, September 2nd, 2013

Happy Labor Day everyone (in the US)!  The days are limited until your summer weather is over.  Sorry about that.

Last night I watched the pilot episode (Season 1, Episode 1) of Homeland on my laptop and while I was watching Churchill on PBS a large moth came in the window and landed on the curtain but I was able to grab it and toss it back out.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, and finally woke/got up at 6:30 feeling pretty good.

It was 11 weeks ago today I ordered Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player - Monday, June 17th.  

This month I’m going to do 4 Rosetta Stone lessons a day (optional on weekends).
I ended up having to skip my morning workout because as soon as I sat or lay down Angel was all over me.

About 8:15am I took Angel with me to the corner store to buy milk for my morning breakfast.  While there I saw the lady we met the other day that speaks some English, has an older rich husband and is going to be visiting the US later this month.  She had just finished her morning coffee.

After my cereal I left Angel at the apartment and dropped off my sheets and towels at the laundry.  They should be ready on Wednesday.  I paid my medical insurance at the BanColombia upstairs from Exito.  I was there just a tad before 9am and was out in less than 5 minutes.  I picked up some air freshener refills for 15,950 ($8.39) and some new Fitness cereal Exito advertised in their circular for 11,190 ($5.89).  I had the “coupon” with me which I think gives an extra 50% in points or something.  I only had it with me so I could pick up the right thing.  I handed it to the cashier and said “garbage” in Spanish and since I didn’t understand her reply she wrote “debe de ser Beatriz” on the back of a piece of paper which now I can see means “must be Beatriz”.  So I guess that means for this special offer I can’t give points to another person.  Another question seemed to come up as I was paying for it and this time she wrote “Los puntos los debe de redimir el dueño de los puntos con la Cédula o sea doña Beatriz” on my receipt which my translator translated to The points should redeem the points owner with the Certificate or Dona Beatriz."  I guess it just means she has to be here or I have to have her Cedula.

On my way back to the apartment I found Bob at Jhon’s office so we chatted for a few minutes.  Today Bob is going to Copacabana, a town just north of Medellin.

I got my latest issue of Medellin Living and here are a few upcoming events:
Beyoncé
8 PM, Sunday, Sept. 22, at Estadio Atanasio Girardot
If you don’t have your ticket already, expect to pay at least 400,000.
Atlético Nacional vs Independiente Medellín
Monday, Sept. 16, at Estadio Atanasio Girardot
Tickets are not on sale yet but usually start at 20,000 pesos.

National Holidays

Dia de Amor y Amistad (Love and Friendship Day)
September 15
Colombians celebrate their version of Valentine’s Day, called Love and Friendship Day, on September 15. If you’re dating a paisa, remember to make plans for this special day!

I packed up all of Angel’s stuff and waited for Reina at LM.  She showed up right on time at 11:30 – with Dylan.  Oh boy, one more mouth to feed.  We had Angel’s nails clipped at the pet store by the veterinarian and bought him another months’ supply of food.  I think the total was about 98,700 ($50.77) – I can’t find the receipt right now – but I paid for it with my debit card.  We then had lunch at SanJote for about 13mil each and we stopped at Exito and bought a towel for Angel for 25,500 ($13.12).  They left in a taxi and by 1pm I was sitting at the corner store enjoying a bottle of juice.

I finished reading No Easy Day the first hand account of the killing of Usama Bin Laden in only 10 days.  It is a good read, I strongly recommend it.

I sent out my 2013 Chicago Bears Strength of Schedule email.  Basically it just consists of which of the quarters of the football season appear to be the most or least challenging based on the strength of the competition.  They start off with a difficult challenge against the Cincinnati Bengals next Sunday.

Tonight I should be meeting Beatriz about 6:30 and we’re going to see Jurassic Park 3D at El Tesoro at 7:20.  The timing is going to be close to get there on time as we both will need to grab a quick bite to eat beforehand.



No comments:

Post a Comment