Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12th, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, don’t remember waking up at all during the night, and finally woke/got up at 7:45.  Wow!  Is the secret to a good night’s sleep to take my medicine an hour before going to bed?  It’s worth a try and certainly more convenient than trying to take it “on the road” so to speak.

I had my usual breakfast at Bunuelo Express and then bought a box of Ferrero candy for Beatriz for 31,450, a can of peaches for 6,570 and another month’s supply of Tamsulosin medicine for 40,500.

I got more emails from Reina about my health insurance payments.  I told her to tell Natalia I will come downtown next week and show her my bank deposit receipts.  I hope to bring Jhon with me and try to figure out a way so this isn’t a recurring problem.  At least if I can switch Jhon for Reina as my intermediary there would be someone speaking English on my side.  Or, I might start paying Natalia directly each month by a quick trip downtown.
My utility & communications bills came yesterday but I’ve only now gotten a chance to take a look at them.  My utility bill is 106,229 compared to 69,872 last month, an increase of 52%.  I asked Jhon about the extra 49.8 mil charge and he said it was for garbage collection.  Now I can see where it shows up on my bill but it’s obviously not something I pay for each month.  After I pay my bills tomorrow Jhon is going to give it to Olga to find out how often garbage collection shows up my bills.

My communications bill is 104,943 exactly the same as last month.
I stopped under the bridge but after fiddling with my Seiko watch for about 15 minutes we both gave up on him being able to put it back together with the new battery he picked up.  I also bought a pair of scissors for the kitchen for 2mil.

Lunch was a hotdog, chips, and Pepsi at Dogger’s again for 9,300.  Then it was the 15 minute walk to Dario’s.  We played 2 games from about 2pm to 5pm.  In the meantime it rained hard and by the time I left the temperature had dropped about 10 degrees.  Walking home was a little cool in my shorts and sandals.  It was a 7 minute walk of 8 blocks.  

I changed into jeans and shoes and then met Jhon at his office and we had a Tinto (coffee) across the street from the corner store.  There was a mother, daughter and nephew working there.  The nephew is pretty obviously gay and a bit of time was discussing the daughter’s piercing of her navel.

On the way to Viva I saw Bob and Margarita in Redd’s bar so I stopped for a little bit.  Bob informed me that he and Margarita are now together again.  If I understand correctly Beatriz is giving Margarita a manicure and pedicure after work tomorrow.

Dinner was a Whopper and small strawberry shake at Burger King for 15,100.

On the way back I stopped at Redd’s again and met Margarita’s daughter who looks just like a younger version of her.  Bob told me Margarita will be joining us again on Sunday and afterwards we will be going for ice cream somewhere in Parque Lleras.

No comments:

Post a Comment