Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday, September 16th, 2013

A couple things I forgot to mention yesterday.  At Sport Wings they had white butcher paper on the tables with crayons.  I showed Margarita how to play tick-tack-toe and she showed us how to play a game she called “tricky tricky”.  She made many little adjacent squares inside a larger square and then we took turns choosing a square and putting our initials in it.  I didn’t see the point as, if the number of squares are evenly divisible by 3, like 18, then we would always end in a tie.  But that reminded me of a game I used to play as a kid.  I’m not sure of the name so I’ll just call it dots.  You create a grid of dots in a large rectangle whereby if you connect 4 dots you create a small square.  Each person takes a person connecting 2 dots horizontally or vertically.  If on your turn you can connect 2 dots and thereby create a square then you write your initials inside and take another turn.  After all squares have been created the person who created the most squares is the winner.  When she saw that she said “that’s tricky, tricky” so I guess she didn’t even remember how to play her own game.

Last night after posting my blog I met Bob at the corner bar and we exchanged a few jokes.  While there an old lady stopped at our table and asked us if we wanted to buy some plastic garbage bags.  She was wearing a Chicago Bears 2006 NFC championship t-shirt so she must be the one I passed on the sidewalk some weeks ago.  I asked her where she got the t-shirt and she said “Los AngelesHollywood” and she gave me a tooth gapped smile.

Back at the apartment I watched Homeland episodes 3 & 4 on Netflix.  It’s a very well acted intelligent drama.  Bob told me the 2nd season of this series has just been released.  I see it starts its 3rd season on Showtime on September 29th.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night and finally woke/got up at 7am.

It was 13 weeks ago today I ordered Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player - Monday, June 17th. 

I packed up my dirty laundry and on the way to LM I saw another one of those giant leaves on the street – this time our street.  I would estimate it to be between 15-18 feet long with the bark part of it to be 5-6 feet long and when you kick it it’s almost like a piece of plywood.  I certainly wouldn’t want something like that to land on my head.

I had my usual breakfast at Bunuelo Express then dropped off my laundry across the street.  This time it was a set of sheets, towels, and 3 shirts to be cleaned and ready Wednesday for 24mil ($12.63).

In the lower level of Viva I stopped at the Optica Colombiana store to see if I could find a replacement for my Ray Ban sunglasses in the eventuality I should ever lose or break them.  I asked the saleslady about Ray Ban sunglasses and she showed a selection that looked a little like aviator glasses.  I saw a couple pairs on a separate Ray Ban display which looked very similar to mine and when I asked about them I was told they were for women. 

I stopped in Exito and bought a replacement kitchen towel for 6,400 ($3.37) and another package of Trident gum for 2,120.

I chatted briefly with Jhon on the way back to my apartment about lunch for me and my house cleaner and he recommended I stop there tomorrow morning and place my order.

I mentioned the other day that We’re the Millers is playing at 7:30pm at El Tesoro & Majorca.  I checked online today and found it’s also playing at Los Molinos at 8:30pm so I think we’ll see it there on Wednesday night.

Lunch was the Combo #2 at Frisby with a medium Coke for 18mil ($9.47).

A man came up to me with his girlfriend and asked if he could play me a game.  I asked him if he played much chess and he said “a little”.  I agreed and he was taking a lot of time for each early move.  I had the opportunity to play the Fried Liver Attack on him but because it appeared he might not be very good and he was with his girlfriend I decided to go easy on him.  I shouldn’t have because he beat me.

Later, another guy, John Steven, sat down and he beat me too.

Dinner was popcorn and a Coke while watching Homeland episodes 5 & 6 followed by the season ending episode of Under the Dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment