Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday, September 26th, 2013



Last night, I headed out to Beatriz office at 5:10.  I didn’t want to take the same route as last time so when I crossed Avenida 80 and San Juan (Calle 44) I walked east a block and then turned north again.  After a few blocks I was back at Avenida 80 because both streets were angling toward each other.  I followed Avenida 80 a few blocks to the next intersection and then headed east again.  (One of the streets I saw ended in a “G” (like Calle 46G) so obviously the street names can get at least as high as “G”.)  When I got to Carrera 78 I turned north, walked under the metro line, turned east again 1 block and was at Beatriz’ office.  Really taking my time it only took 30 minutes but I was a little overheated so I stopped at the Exito Express across the street and had a Mr. Tea for 2,200.

I met Beatriz at her office just before 6pm and she closed and locked the metal doors with 4 huge padlocks.

We took a taxi from her office to Molinos for just over 6mil.  We got there in plenty of time before the 6:40 scheduled start.  The Preferred Seating tickets were 5,250 pesos ($2.76) each.  We bought their Combo #3, which I think might have been even less expensive on Wednesday, which included 2 hotdogs, 2 medium sodas, and a large popcorn for 25,400 ($13.37) plus a Snickers bar for 4,400 ($2.32).  (My receipt was printed with ink so light I could barely read it the next morning while holding it in the sunlight.)  I carried the 2 hotdogs and popcorn on a tray and Beatriz carried the 2 sodas into the theatre.  We ate the hotdogs as they played a short film and coming attractions.  Elysium with Jodie Foster is coming and also Sandra Bullock in a new film which must be The Heat.

We’re the Millers started about 20 minutes later and was very funny.  One problem I noticed I had was that something funny would happen, everyone would laugh and then something else would be said that I couldn’t hear because of the laughter but would be shown on the subtitles in Spanish and everyone but me would laugh again.  I really like Jennifer Aniston but she must be the world’s first stripper who doesn’t take off her clothes, and it isn’t because the movie wanted to keep a G rating because 3 times there were glimpses of an 18-year old boy’s penis and balls.

Late in the movie I made a trip to the restroom where I also took my medicine with water from the faucet.

We took a taxi back to her house for 6mil.  To save time the taxi went further west of Avenida 80 (Carrera 84?) and took another road that was less busy and we ended up coming down the street from my end.  She told me she won’t be able to meet me for the Chicago Bears game on Sunday but we made plans to meet Friday for ice cream and we’re going to her cousin’s again on Saturday for the apartment complex’s Day of the Family party.

I watched the final Season 1 ending episode (12) of Homeland.  Wow, what a great TV series.  IMDB has it rated 8.6 which is quite a high rating.  I recommend everyone watch the 1st episode and then see if you can stop from watching the rest.  Bob told me the 2nd season has been released but you have to pay for that one.  I’ll check it out.

I went to bed at 11:15 and had a lot of difficulty getting and staying asleep probably because of the soda I drank.  I got up at 7am and had breakfast at Bunuelo Express.  I bought a package of Oral-B Satin tape floss for 7,320 ($3.85), which I would need soon anyway, mainly because I needed change for a 50mil bill.

I talked to Jhon on my way back to my apartment and we made plans to meet at 4/4:30 this afternoon and take a taxi to the “post office” to see if they have my 2nd chess book.

Lunch was a hotdog and Pepsi at Dogger for 7,400.  I walked to Dario’s apartment building and we played 2 games of chess and he won both of them.  It rained briefly while I was there so the temperature dropped a bit.

I stopped at the apartment, dropped off my chess stuff, changed into jeans and shoes and met Jhon at his office at 4:15.  We caught a taxi to the “post office” at Carrera 64C #72-20 (437 72 04).  The lady there told me the package hadn’t arrived yet but she took down Jhon’s email address and telephone number and said she would let me know when it arrived.  (Jhon thinks I should stay in my apartment every day from 10am to 4pm until it arrives.  I think I should go to the “post office” every week until it arrives.)  The taxi ride was approximately 9mil each way.

Back at the corner bar I bought Jhon a drink and a short while later Bob arrived.  His cold is still bothering him.  He told me A/N is playing an “out of conference” game tonight at 8pm.  I left them after about an hour and had Chili and a mango juice at El Comedor de Chava in LM for 8,200.

On the way back I ran into Margarita at Redd’s bar.  She was with her sister Josephina who teaches 1st – 5th grade.  I talked to them for about 45 minutes until the game was about to begin.  I didn’t see Bob or Jhon at the corner bar so I went back to Redd’s.  I bought them a drink and watched the game and we talked briefly.  That guy David, who I haven’t seen in weeks, stopped by and said he was in Cartagena.  He tried to borrow 40mil from me but I refused.  The ladies left about 9:30 and I left about 9:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment