Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday, September 1st, 2013



It’s a new month and I wonder what excitement awaits me this month!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, woke up about 2:25 to a light rain and finally woke/got up at 6:30.

About 7:15 I left for breakfast at the hotel.  As I passed the corner at 7:30 where I usually see the pretty Christian ladies I saw the two of them along with a man walking towards me down Avenida 80 from the south.  I’ve seen them there as late as 8:30 so maybe they stay in that spot for some time to speak to people passing by.

After breakfast I took a walk around the area trying to find that health club.  Once again I was unsuccessful but I did find a couple of gated communities just east of Exito I might want to check out later.  

I bought 100 tablets of Centrum Silver +50 years at Exito for 45,650 ($24).  While walking through the store I saw an advertisement for a September 22nd Beyonce concert to be held at the stadium.  I also see a lot of candy for sale; I’m thinking there must be a Sweetest Day or Valentine’s Day coming here soon.  I’ll have to ask Jhon about that.

10:15am and I was just visited by Jehovah’s Witness.  They gave me a copy of their Watchtower in English and they have a Kingdom Hall in El Poblado they would like me to visit.

I really didn’t have lunch today.  I just hung out at the corner store with Bob from about 12:30 to 2:30 and had cokes and potato chips.  Angel met a full size female poodle that I think he really liked but he needs to find one his own size.  I found out that September 14th is Valentine's Day so I guess I'll have to get Beatriz some candy and maybe plan on doing something together.

About 4:30 I was at LM letting angel run around a little bit and meet some other dogs, most of them much bigger and more aggressive.  I had some beans and mango juice and then let Angel play some more.  He had a lot of admirers.

I ran into Bob on my way back, sitting at a bar near Likkes restaurant.  I had a juice there and we talked a little.  Atletico Nacional was playing and the corner store was jammed so that’s why Bob moved.  He told me about his visit to Guatape and showed me some pictures.  

I completed one short lesson on Rosetta Stone just to keep my streak alive.  

Bob recommended the series Homeland with Damien Lewis.  I really liked him in Band of Brothers.  I started watching it on my iPad Netflix app but the sound isn’t that great so I’m going to try to watch it on my laptop where I can use my headphones.



GESTURES
In the US, if you want to signal someone to come to you, you put your palm up and wiggle your index finger towards yourself.  In Colombia you put your palm down and wiggle all your fingers, in unison, towards yourself.  I have also heard that the “ok” sign that Americans are used to refers to the “vagina” in Colombia.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment