Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday, September 25th, 2013

Last night I tried to watch the 1st episode of Hostages that I had missed using my CBS app on my iPad, but I got the message “Unable to load video, this video is not available in your current region”.  Sigh!

So I watched episode 11 of Homeland instead.

At 9pm I took my medicine, went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, was awakened at 5:35 by Lionel’s radio and finally woke/got up at 7:40.

I stopped at Jhon’s office and talked to him briefly before picking up my milk at the corner store for my breakfast – and probably my lunch.

I updated my iPad to the latest release – iOS 7.0.  Big change!  Everything looks different.  Bob had mentioned this to me a couple days ago when they updated his iPhone.

I was going to delete all the emails in my Junk folder when I noticed I had one from USAA that read “Your USAA online internet banking account has been restricted due to unauthorized transaction.  Click here to renew.”  (Notice the English here is good but not perfect!)  I used my magicJack to call USAA and the representative checked and said there was nothing wrong with my account and she asked me to forward the email to Abuse@USAA.com and delete the original email.  I’m really glad I called them.

A couple minutes later I received this email from USAA:

Thank you for reporting a potentially fraudulent e-mail commonly referred to as a "phishing" e-mail. Protecting our members' personal information is USAA's primary responsibility, and we'll investigate this matter immediately. If our investigation determines that the e-mail is fraudulent, we'll take steps to have the fraudulent website it points to removed.

I added a separate posting in my blog entitled A *Rant* About the Colombian Way that I received as an email from the Colombia Expats Forum.

Lunch was a waffle using the remainder of my milk.

I tried accessing Hostages on CBS from my laptop and received the message “The video you have requested is not available for your geographic region”.

I completed all of Level 1, Unit 2: Greetings and Introductions in Rosetta Stone.  Next is to complete a few stray lessons in Level 1, Unit 3: Work and School.

I’ll be leaving about 5:15 to meet Beatriz at her office at 6pm and then we’ll take a taxi to Molinos to see We’re the Miller’s.

I started watching Homeland episode 12 which is probably the season ending episode because it’s over an hour and 22 minutes long.  One interesting part is when Saul says, in English, “When I could piss in a straight line” and it got translated to “When I was young and beautiful” in the Spanish subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment