Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday, September 17th, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, didn’t get up at all during the night and finally woke/got up at 7am.  Boy does it feel great to get a good night’s sleep.  I think taking my medication later in the evening really helps.

Today I finished my 60 tablet jar of Alive! Once Daily - Men’s 50+.  It only took a little more than 7 months to finish it.  J  Tomorrow I start my new 100 tablet jar of Centrum Silver 50+ that I bought at Exito.  When I removed the shrink wrap and opened the cardboard box I found a small security strip inside.  Does this mean Exito opens each package, sticks a security strip on it and then shrink wraps it?

After my usual morning routines (shower, coffee) I stopped at Likkes and ordered lunch for Olga and I, to be delivered to my apartment about noon.  I think they understood everything.  

Nearby a man was making fresh squeezed orange juice so I bought a cup (6 oz.?) for 1 mil.  Then I bought a bag of milk at the corner store for my cereal.

9:00 and no Olga.  I started envisioning having to go down to Likkes to cancel the lunch order but she showed up at 9:15 and started cleaning right away.

Laura showed up with lunch about 5 minutes before 12 and I tipped her 1 mil.

It rained for about 5 minutes this afternoon.

Olga finished cleaning at 2:30, the place is spotless and I paid her the 35mil, but I need to buy a step stool so next time she can reach the higher places.  I saw them at Exito for about 35mil.  I think she understood she is to come back again on Tuesday, October 1st at 9am.

I watched episode 7 of Homeland.

About 5:30 I picked up Jhon from his office and we went to the corner store for a drink.  After a few minutes Jhon noticed Bob sitting at the store across the street so I waved him over.  I told him Homeland kept translating the English Hey into Spanish as Oye.  But when I used Google Translate it translated Hey into several other things and when I translated Oye it also got translated into something different.  Jhon tells me I need to learn the Spanish vowels in order to improve my pronunciation.

I left about 6:30 and had a Whopper and small strawberry shake at Burger King.

When I was walking across the bridge over Avenida 80 I ran into Augusto.  He was with a woman named Luz Marina, she speaks very good English, she used to work in Rhode Island, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami, has a daughter in South Carolina, has grandchildren and if I understand correctly is an American citizen.  She also mentioned her dream is to speak perfect English.  (Well, that isn’t going to happen.)  We must have talked for about 15 minutes.  She’s about 5’ tall, cute and I think she’s just a friend of Augusto’s.  She says she knows Jhon so I’ll have to ask him about her. 

I asked Augusto why he didn’t meet me last Friday and he said, thru Luz, that he had a bad headache.  We made plans to meet tomorrow at LM at 4pm.


I think I’ll watch another episode of Homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment