Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday, September 23rd, 2013

Yesterday Bob told me that a few blocks away at Calle 41 #70-34 there is a restaurant named Sonytruchas that serves great fried trout – and it doesn’t taste fishy.

Last night I waited for Beatriz and when she didn’t show up at my apartment at 7pm as planned I walked down to her house and called her on my cell phone.  She gave the phone to her son who asked me, in English, to come to her house.  I told him I was already there and she came out and let me in.  She was giving her son a pedicure but she said she would be done soon.  In the meantime I wrestled with her little buggy-eyed dog named LuLu (I looked it up later; it’s a pug.) and told her son and daughter some jokes.  We didn’t leave until 7:25 (for a 7:30 game L).  We walked down to Sport Wings and their Wi-Fi wasn’t working but finally I figured out they were telling me “service stops at 10pm”.  So we grabbed a taxi to Parque Lleras.  We were a short 2 block walk away and after covering the first block I noticed the restaurant we were walking next to had the game on.  We grabbed a table in front of one of many large screen TVs, finally got the correct Wi-Fi password and found that what I had seen was just a commercial.  I told Beatriz not to order anything until I could actually see the game.  By the time they got it on there was like 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter with the Bears ahead 17-0 so obviously I missed a lot of action.

It was a nice Italian restaurant named Al Rojo (The Red).  I watched the game while Beatriz played Paper Toss on my iPad.  I had the Pasta Bolognesa and 2 Cokes and she had the Pasta Carbonara, a fruit juice and a Coke.  For dessert we shared a slice of chocolate cake with ice cream.  The total came to 87,222 ($45.91) including tip.  A little pricier than Patrick’s but the food was better and healthier. 

A man at the next table (hidden at first by his dark haired girlfriend) asked me if I was a Bears fan.  Affirmative!  He said he is Canadian so I told him our new coach had been the head coach of the Montreal Alouettes the last 4-5 years.

The taxi ride there cost 10mil and the ride back was 11mil.  I don’t know why it should be more expensive going home because there was a lot less traffic, except for the fact the driver stopped for gas and I didn’t notice that the meter may have been still running.  So the entire night cost 87,222+10,000+11,000 = 108,222 or $56.96.

The Chicago Bears defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 40-23 to start the season 3-0, although the game was closer than the score indicates.

I went to bed at 11:22, got up once during the night, got up again at 6:20 and finally woke/got up at 7:50.

I had breakfast at Bunuelo Express and then to get change for a 50mil bill I bought a can of peaches at Exito.  I had my iPad with me so I took this picture of the 5D Xtreme simulator in the lower level of Viva Mall.



We’re the Millers is playing at Molinos at 6:40pm.  We decided to see it Wednesday so I will probably meet Beatriz at her office at 6pm and we’ll take a taxi from there.  I sent her a text message explaining everything so I hope she got it.

I talked to Bob at Redds for a while on my way to LM.  Lunch was the Chicken Combo #2 with medium Pepsi at Frisby for 18mil.

Augusto showed up early – about 3:15 and we played 4 games.  Technically I won them all but one game he was up a queen but didn’t know how to proceed with his advantage and he lost on time.

I didn’t feel like anything major for dinner tonight so I picked up a 6-pack of Dannon Activa yogurt for 6,597 ($3.47) at Exito.  It was supposed to have cereal included but I don’t see any.  Luckily I have some granola at home that I added to it.

I want to watch the TV series Hostages at 9pm on CBS so I logged on early at 7pm and received this message for the first time:  Please note: Our theater reached capacity for this particular show, and we must assign your seat to a paying patron.  You are first in line if a seat becomes available.  We apologize for the inconvenience; we are constantly adding more free seats.

1 comment:

  1. Been reading your blog now for a week; started at the very beginning. Muy interesante . . .

    I was in Medellín way back in the early '80s and liked it very much but the city of course has grown quite a lot since then!

    I love the photo above of the Xtreme Simulator in this post that the Mall has placed right spang in the middle of a handicapped parking space! ¡Así es Locombia!

    Cheers . . .

    Paul M.
    Tampa,, FL
    ==

    ReplyDelete