Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday, September 15th, 2013



I went to bed at midnight, woke up 2 or 3 times during the night and finally woke/got up at 7am.

I finished my blog from the day before and decided I’m going to skip breakfast as I’ll be having lunch, hopefully, at Sport Wings about noon.

I met Bob at the store across from the corner store at 11:30.  Jhon was there and we chatted a bit and Margarita showed up a few minutes later.  Bob said he wasn’t expecting her but the 3 of us left about 11:45 and arrived at Sport Wings right at noon.  Pretty quickly they put both our games on adjoining TV screens and we put two tables together in front of them.  The only problem was light coming in through a skylight that hit me in the eyes but I was able to thwart that by keeping my baseball cap on.  (A few other TV screens were showing soccer games.  Interestingly one of the Brazilian teams is named “vasco de gama” after the famous Portuguese explorer.)  Of course, we still don’t have sound – might be pretty confusing if all the games were on at the same time.  They found Bob’s Falcons first and by the time they put my game on the Vikings were just scoring the first points of the game.  I found out later they had a big kickoff return.  Lunch was their ¼ pound Classic Burger for 16,400 ($8.63) and a Coke for 4,500 ($2.37).  The burger was more bun than meat so next time I might try the ½ pound.  I also didn’t care much for their bacon and it was slathered with mayonnaise so next time I’ll probably skip that too.  Later I had an order of onion rings for 10,900 ($5.74) and another Coke.  My total bill with tip came to 39,409 ($20.74) – not too bad for an afternoon of fun.  I figure I saved at least 15mil not having to take a taxi – even if we shared one.

Devin Hester had 249 yards in kickoff returns today.  It sure is nice to start off with good field position.  The Bears pulled the game out in the final seconds 31-30.  

I can see on my receipt the official address for Sport Wings is Transversal 39B # 74-20.

Next Sunday’s games are a 3:30 start time for the Atlanta Falcons and a 7:30 start for the Chicago Bears so I guess Bob and I will be a split squad next week.

I probably won’t have any dinner tonight.  I plan on going to the corner store and reading for a while and might have a snack with my drink there.

No comments:

Post a Comment