Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday, September 7th, 2013

Last night I forgot to mention that at Exito they had about 2 dozen chairs set up in front of a large screen TV so they must have been showing the Colombia vs. Ecuador fĂștbol game.

I went to bed at 11:30 and again had trouble getting to sleep and I got up several times during the night, finally waking up at 7am.  I took a couple of Excedrin Migraine which helped to remove some of my tiredness.

I had the Breakfast Express at Bunuelo Express about 8am.  I decided to make some popcorn this afternoon for the Atletico Nacional (A/N) fĂștbol game so I got a couple of packets of butter for no charge.  I forgot to bring my laundry receipt so I’ll try to remember to take care of that at lunchtime. 

I took a quick look at the www.CourierBox.com website but it’s all in Spanish.  I think I’m going to need Jhon or my brother’s help on this one.

I ordered a Sound Bender for my iPad and requested it to be sent to my brother’s address.  It’s a very small, light thing he can bring with him when he visits in December.

I see the start time for the Atletico Nacional (A/N) game has been moved to 7:45.  Bob emailed me that the Pub Crawl I thought he was going to tonight was actually last night so he will be at the game.

I picked up my laundry since they close at 4pm today and I may not want to leave LM that early.  Lunch was a Hamburger Combo #3 from Gordog’s.  Shortly after that Jimmy showed up with his young daughter so she could play in the park which allowed us time to play some chess.  I found out his wife’s name is Ruby.  We played 4 or 5 games and he won them all except for one game that I took deep into the endgame and while he was trying to prevent me from queening a pawn I mated his king.

About 4pm he had to leave to pick up his wife so I had my dinner - a fruit salad with one scoop of chocolate chip ice cream at Almibar for 7mil.

My plan is to make popcorn at the last minute – about 7:30 and take it over to the corner store to share with Bob and anyone else who wants to try – Americano crispetas.

Tomorrow, Bob, Margarita and Beatriz and myself are going to meet at the bus stop at the Avenida 80 crossover and take a taxi to Patrick’s Irish Pub together.

No comments:

Post a Comment