Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013



After watching Extreme Weight Loss last night from 7-9pm I wanted to watch the Under the Dome episode I missed Monday night.  When I tried to play it on my iPad I was told it wasn’t available on that device and when I tried to play it on my laptop I was told it wasn’t available for this geographic region.  Sigh!

When I checked yesterday, there were 1,950 pesos to the dollar.  Looks like the dollar is getting stronger; keep up the good work guys!

Using a Barnes & Noble gift card my son gave me for father’s day I downloaded the 663 page book Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson to my Nook.
I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 1:20 with heartburn.  I chewed a Tums and then found the 2nd was stuck to the 3rd so I actually had 3 – I’m doing this all by feel in the dark.  I was able to get back to sleep easily only to be woken 90 minutes later by another attack.  This time I got up, took 1 more Tums and stayed up for 30 minutes before going back to bed.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30am.

I had my shower and coffee but skipped breakfast, sort of.  I walked over to San Juan (Calle 44) and bought another plastic string-tied folder for 1,800 ($1) to keep my medical insurance information in.  But for now I’m going to use it to hold the 1 page of information about the books I ordered from Amazon for my Friday trip downtown with Jhon.  I bought one of those sugar coated donuts for 500 pesos (25 cents) with araquipe inside for my breakfast then realized I wanted to do that after printing my one Amazon page so I could eat it on the way back to the apartment.  After finishing the donut I went up the stairs only to find the internet café isn’t there anymore.  I walked across the street and the owner of another internet café helped me print the one page I had on my flash drive for 400 pesos (20 cents).

It’s now 11am and time to start my RS lessons for the day and I was introduced to a whole new set of words today.

Lunch today was a FrisBurrito and a medium coke at Frisby in LM.
I went over some more lessons in one of my chess books but once again no one came to play.

About 4:30 I had some more Frijoles (beans) and a mango juice from El Comedor de Chava and then I picked up my laundry from across the street for 15mil.

About 5pm Jhon and I went to the corner store where Bob was already waiting for us and I had a juice.  Jhon tells me the reason I’m getting heartburn is because of all the milk I’m drinking.  I’ll try to give it up for the evenings and see if my heartburn goes away.

Beatriz came over at 7:30 and gave me a pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment