Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday, September 28th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up to Lionel’s radio and finally got up at 7am.

I stopped at Viva and took the remainder of my September money out of my checking account and then had breakfast at the hotel.  While there I received a reminder from my brother that my alma mater, the Northern Illinois University (NIU) Huskies, are playing Purdue at 11am today on ESPN2. 
I went across the street to LM for a while and left just before 11am.  On my way to Sport Wings I stopped and took a picture of the hours of the El Molino health club



and at Parque Laureles #2 it looked like they were having a market day



At Sport Wings I learned they don’t open until noon so I walked around the area a bit.  I noticed that a couple of the Une phone booths have signs on them advertising their free Wi-Fi service.  I think it was Bob that told me a few weeks ago that Une was going to add Wi-Fi to all of their phone booths so all you need to do is be within a certain distance of one of them and you have Wi-Fi.  About 11:30 I was back at Sport Wings and I sat down near their entrance but wasn’t sure if I had access to the Une Wi-Fi or not.  It seemed to indicate I was connected but I had trouble sending emails.  The sign on the Une phone booth says “for customers of Une”; not sure exactly what that means.  It was misting a little and even though I had an umbrella with me I hadn’t opened it but one of the employees invited me in to sit at the closest booth.  Just before noon another employee asked me which game I wanted and I told him ESPN2.  He came back a few minutes later and told me they don’t have it, they only have ESPN 1, 3, E and +.  Before I left I confirmed they close at 10pm Sunday through Thursday and 11pm Friday and Saturday.  I told them I would be back at noon tomorrow for an NFL game.

I went across the street to McDonald’s and had a ¼ Pounder Combo for 12,900 ($6.79).  I see that the Spanish word for “mustard” is “mostaza”.
I walked over to the corner store and had an iced tea and read a little more of my book.

Beatriz is supposed to come over about 3pm and we’re going to walk to the inexpensive store where I buy my t-shirts so she can buy a blouse.  Later we’re supposed to go to her cousin’s apartment complex to celebrate Day of the Family.  She indicated it might be a late night so I’ll tell you more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment