Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday, September 9th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 10:20, don’t remember getting up during the night and woke up refreshed at 6:30.  It’s raining lightly.  The high temperatures are supposed to be 78-82 degrees with a 60% chance of showers.  I decided to wear jeans and shoes today.

It was 12 weeks ago today I ordered Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player - Monday, June 17th.  

Breakfast was at Bunuelo Express while I read about yesterday’s Chicago Bears 24-21 victory.  At Exito I bought peaches, pancake mix, gum, and 2 more containers of Nestle’s Lechera for a total of 17,610.

On the way back I talked to Jhon for about 30 minutes at his office.  He felt bad when I told him about Angel. Jhon told me Augusto called and left his telephone number to call him whenever I wanted to play chess.  I called him and we have a date to play chess on Friday at 4pm at Laureles Mall.

Bob sent me an email about a Champs Sports Bar in Belen – a barrio just south of Laureles.  I found their telephone number but when I clicked on a link which was supposed to take to a map of their location it said it had been removed so I don’t know if they are still open or not.

I started my RS lessons – the first was a quick 5 minute review of an earlier lesson but the 2nd was estimated to be 30 minutes long.  After about 15 minutes I got tired and took a nap and didn’t wake up until almost 1:30.  Uh-oh, now I’ll probably have trouble getting to sleep tonight.
Still in my jeans and shoes I headed to LM and had the FrisBurrito at Frisby.  

About an hour later, Dario showed up and we started a game where I had black.  Playing the black pieces I got up a pawn and also had 2 connected pawns on the 6th & 7th rank, one of which was a passed pawn.  But I made a mistake and my game deteriorated into a loss.  I was surprised he wanted to play a second game and with white he again allowed me to play the fried liver attack where his king becomes very exposed.  But I was down a knight to a pawn and he seemed to be able to hold his position but he eventually made a mistake where either he would lose his queen or his king (the game) so he resigned.

I then met Bob at the bar on Avenida 80 by the overpass and we chatted for about an hour.  He flirts with a lot of the middle aged women but isn’t sure if he wants to start something.  

I left about 6pm because Beatriz is supposed to come over tonight.  Beatriz arrived about 7:30 and left about 9:15.  I figured I’d missed the first 20 minutes of Under the Dome but it had apparently been delayed so I ended up seeing the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment