Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday, September 5th, 2013

It’s 7:45pm and now I have to remember what I did all day.

I went to bed at 11:10, woke up once during the night, and was awakened by Lionel’s radio at 6:10am.  He turned it down 15 minutes later and I woke/got up again at 6:50.

Breakfast was the Breakfast Express at Bunuelo Express.  At 9am I took my 3 shirts across the street to the laundry.  The owner (man) let me know I needed to come back in an hour for some reason.  I came back at 10am and the owner (woman) tried to tell me that something wasn’t right with my request to have my shirts laundered.  I asked her if they have Wi-Fi and she said “yes” so I took out my iPad.  She showed me which Network Name was theirs and she gave me the password.  I went to Google Translate and she thought it was so cool that we could now communicate.  I understand now that she wants me to bring my shirts together with my sheets and towels but she did accept them this time.

I studied my chess openings until about 1pm when I went across the street to Viva for lunch.  I had a small hotdog and small Pepsi at Dogger for 7,400 ($3.89).  Because I didn’t have any potato chips I had a soft serve ice cream cone from Burger King for 1,600 (84 cents).

I walked to Dario’s apartment building and we played one game.  I had white and I was able to play the fried liver attack against him and he didn’t know the best moves and lost the privilege of castling and I was up 2 pawns.  But in the endgame instead of continuing to attack his king I started pushing my extra pawn and he was able to attack my open king and I lost again.  While sitting there I noticed I had a small hole in the back of my t-shirt.

It poured hard for about 30 minutes while I was there.  Luckily it had stopped by the time I left but it was too cool to continue wearing shorts and sandals so I stopped home real quick to change into pants and shoes.  I’m going to have to time that walk a little better but it seems like it was only about a 7 minute walk.  While changing clothes I found I have about 6 small holes in the back of my t-shirt that I bought at the outdoor store back on May 2nd for 12mil, 14mil, or 15mil.  I checked my emails real quick and I had one from the owner of my apartment.  I told her Bob was looking for an apartment but was looking for something more like $450 a month.  She said to have him contact her because they might be able to work something out.  I forwarded her email to Bob just before I left.  I stopped to pick up Jhon and we met Bob at the corner store for a drink. 

Bob tells me he wants to spend less than that a month but he would email her about it.

After about 90 minutes I went across the street to Viva for dinner which was a Whopper and strawberry milkshake from Burger King for 15,100 ($7.95).  There seemed to be 3 girls there taking orders and one of them seemed to be trying to hide from me.  The others told me she doesn’t speak any English so I guess they had been given her a little of a hard time.  Or maybe she just didn’t want to have anything to do with the non-Spanish speaking person and they were giving her a hard time about it.

I guess I’m paying the Ignorance Tax for a 3rd time since I ordered a chess table from Jesus back on June 15th and I gave him 200mil as a down payment and I haven’t heard anything from him and now Reina can’t even reach him by phone.


Well, now it’s time to do my RS lessons for the day.  Tomorrow the plan is to have lunch with Jhon at Likkes and then to take a bus downtown and check on my book orders at the post office.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment