Saturday, April 11, 2015

Friday, April 10th, 2015



Walter’s son, Ericson, showed up at 8:15 to start painting the finca.  Last time he patched cracks in the walkway outside.  

I slept pretty well finally getting up at 8:30.

Teresa told me she wants to go to the Caldas Exito tomorrow to buy arepas so I will probably stop at an internet café and try to print, sign, and fax my tax documents for the accountant.

I gave Teresa 20 mil to pay Walter back for recharging my cell phone last week and another 80mil for the painting Ericson is doing today.

Among the new US movie releases, I would like to see The Longest Ride (6.8) and Ex Machina (8.0).

Locally, I would like to see The Longest Ride (6.8) playing almost everywhere and I’m sure Laura will want to see Jason Statham in Furious 7 (8.1).

I called Social Security to see if they could stop withholding federal income tax from my payments but I have to submit Federal Form W-4V (Voluntary Withholding Request) so I’ve requested my accountant to mail it for me as soon after I sign and return it.

The other day Teresa and I picked up 3 individual lasagnas from Exito.  Laura had hers yesterday and I understand she used the microwave.  Today when it was my turn I noticed it is in a metal container and is therefore not intended to be microwavable.  Uh Oh.  I took mine out of the metal container, put it on a plate and microwaved it for 6 minutes.

Teresa made her lasagna but didn’t care for how she prepared it – over boiling water.

I took a nap from 12:45 to 2:15.  I heard Laura come back about 1pm.  After my nap I saw the large package of eggs that she had bought after school today.

I was a little surprised that Direct TV was showing the 2nd round of the Masters (golf) tournament on so I watched a little while doing other things.
Ericson is returning tomorrow to continue painting and afterwards we are going to Envigado where I can visit an internet café and Teresa can buy some arepas.

Laura had her lasagna (guess I was wrong earlier), really liked it and would like to have it again.

Teresa and I started watching The Great Train Robbery (7.0) but she didn’t care for it (too slow) so we switched to The Fighter (7.9).  We stopped at 8pm so the ladies could watch Master Chef.

We finished The Fighter, I took my sleeping pills at 10:50 and we went to bed at 11:15.

Teresa changed her mind again.  I understand Ericson will be painting the finca again tomorrow.  Instead of going to Envigado to buy arepas late tomorrow afternoon after Ericson leaves she wants to go on Sunday so we can also attend mass.

T-shirt of the day: This type of modern life, is it for free?

No comments:

Post a Comment