Saturday, April 18, 2015

Friday, April 17th, 2015



I got up at 1am and 5:30am, finally waking/getting up at 8:45.  It was raining both times I got up earlier in the morning.

Among this week’s US movie releases, I would like to see True Story (7.9), and Beyond the Reach (6.3).

Locally, I would like to see The Cobbler (5.8), The Captive (5.9), The Longest Ride (7.2), Run All Night (7.1), and maybe Insurgent (7.0).

We left the finca at 11:25 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  I had my large umbrella with me because of all the rain we’ve had lately and today is overcast.  At least that should hold the heat down in Medellin.

We had to wait 15 minutes for a bus to El Poblado.

We arrived at Dr. Sierra’s office in Parque Empresarial 10 minutes early for Teresa’s 1pm appointment.

While Teresa was getting her facial I went next door to El Tesoro CC and took some cash out of their Citibank ATM.

While waiting for Teresa to finish I saw on the news that last Wednesday the FARC ambushed Colombian soldiers and 10 were killed.

I paid 66mil for her facial and 52mil for a tube of Sundial Gel facial/SPF cream.

It started raining lightly as we made our way back to El Tesoro. 
At Frisby Teresa ordered the Frischuleta and I Combo #2 for a total of 39mil.

While we were waiting for our food we noticed a bird helping itself to leftover food at a neighboring table.  A few more tables away there was a girl about 3 years old that got hysterical when she saw the bird – screaming and crying.

After lunch we window-shopped for awhile and finally found a pair of shoes for me we both liked in Bosi.  I learned my shoe size is a Colombian size 40.  They cost 213,210COP (about $84) and the salesgirl that assisted us was very cute, very petite (probably about 4’9”) and only had 2 fingers on her left hand (actually a thumb and opposing finger) as if she lost the others in an accident.  

We walked around some more and Teresa found a blouse in Zara for 129mil (about $51).  I tried to charge it but they wouldn’t accept my card because my Cedula was a laminated copy and not an original.

We walked over to Torre Medica and in office 1929 we picked up Teresa’s mammography results (which were normal).

At 4:40 we were at UroGine (office 637) still in Torre Medica waiting for my 5pm Urologist appointment.  I paid 2,500COP and it was finally our turn at 5:25.

It was the same lady Urologist I saw last time.  She looked at my latest PSA test result and the result of my cystoscopy.  She is concerned my PSA scores seem to be increasing so she wants me to get a biopsy.  I told her I thought I was going to get one last December 22nd but for some reason they didn’t go through with it.  According to Teresa they said it is an expensive test – like 1,300,000 COP – and they didn’t want to give it to me without an order from an Urologist.  She said she would give me such order.  She told me not to worry because 80% of the biopsies come back normal – non cancerous – so odds are in my favor.  Also she said prostate cancers are notoriously slow growing and most men die of something else rather than prostate cancer.

I understand next Tuesday Teresa and I will go back to Nueva eps in Envigado to request an appointment.

We took a taxi to Aguacatala station and were on an express bus after a 5 minute wait.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 7:15.
Back at the finca I switched my laminated Cedula for my original.

The electrician is supposed to come early tomorrow – we’ll see.

I took my sleeping pills (2) at 10:15 and went to bed at 10:30.

T-shirt of the day: True love.

No comments:

Post a Comment