Friday, April 24, 2015

Thursday, April 23rd, 2015



I got up 3 times during the night, sleeping pretty well otherwise, finally getting up at 8:30am.

We left the finca at 10:35 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  At the top of the hill while Teresa talked to Don Carlos working further down the hill his dog came up, crawled under the barbwire fence and I gave him a small dog biscuit.

At the highway we had to wait 25 minutes for a bus to Envigado.  We had a taxi drop us off ½ a block from BanColombia by Exito.  Teresa got in line to pick up Laura’s money that her grandmother sent her and in the meantime I made a withdrawal from the ATM, added 50mil to my cell phone, and picked up my medicine from Droqueria Todo Drogas (Calle 37 Sur #39-66).  

We stopped at Nohelia where Teresa got her hair trimmed and blow dried for 25mil.  In the meantime I called Alan but he was stuck at his house waiting for a repairman to show up.

We had lunch at Carbón de Leña for 24,500; chicken breast for me and fish for Teresa.

We took a bus to Santafe where Teresa looked at clothes in a few stores finally returning to Zara where she wanted to exchange the blouse she bought last week.  She picked up two other blouses but I didn’t understand why I had to pay so much extra so I’ll have to question her about that.

On the way back to Envigado we stopped at Office Depot in Sao Paulo Plaza where I finally found a box for 16,800 to store legal sized hanging file folders.  I also bought two 5-packs of hanging files for a total of 13,800.  I sure hope they work as I need someplace to store all my receipts.   (Now I don’t have to ask my son to go to Highland Park to pick one up for me where I found a guy selling them on Craigslist.)

We stopped in a nearby store where Teresa bought an electric hair iron for 137,500 (with a 2 year warranty), a bottle of nail polish for 4,575 and some cotton pads for 5mil.

We took a bus back to Envigado and walked down to La Abuela Isabel (Grandmother Isabel) where we each had a brownie with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream for 7,800 total.

We walked to the highway where after only a 5 minute wait we caught a Tratam direct bus back to the finca.  Just as we passed the neighbor’s house the killer dogs came out after us in the dark.  I shined my cell phone light in their eyes and was ready with my pepper spray.

We got back at 7:30.

Tonight my White Sox were playing Kansas City on BeisHD (1682) and I was able to change the broadcast to English.  I’m guessing the station is named béisbol (Spanish for baseball) in HD.  There was a different baseball game on the channel I watched last night.

I compared the prices I paid at Droqueria Todo Drogas to what I paid previously at other pharmacies and found everything was less expensive in Envigado.  The biggest difference was my Tamsulosin which was almost 50% less than I usually pay.  From now on I’m buying all my medications there.

Teresa tried on her blouses and found one of them is XS so she wants to exchange it – maybe for a pair of pants.  Sigh!

Teresa wants to get up early tomorrow to start making lunch so I set the alarm for 7:30am.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:55pm and we went to bed at 11.

T-shirt of the day: Blah, blah, blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment