Friday, April 10, 2015

Thursday, April 9th, 2015



I slept well until waking up about 3:30.  After Laura left at 5:30 I got up and took two additional sleeping pills.  I finally woke/got up at 9:10am.

Teresa told me she forgot to give Laura money to buy eggs so I guess we will be doing that after the movie today.

I put Laura’s laptop (a Samsung) in my computer bag with the old power cord.

We left the finca at 11:35 and got past the killer dogs undected.  While waiting for the bus Teresa noticed a plastic pail (similar to a 5-gallon paint can) hidden in the weeds.  We’ll probably pick that up one of these days.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus.  

In El Poblado we walked under the bridge and took the back entrance into Monterey CC.  There was an up escalator right there and at the top I saw a Samsung store.  We learned that they don’t sell computer supplies but a neighbor store did.  They found the correct replacement, plugged it into the laptop and it started booting up.  It only cost 50mil and came with a 6 month warranty.  (They had another model with a 18 month warranty for more money but electronics don’t usually fail often so I thought that was unncessary.)

We had lunch at Santa Gracia in Monterrey for 23mil.

We took a bus to Las Américas CC and found the Procinal theatre inside the small mall and up one flight of stairs.  They only have two screens.  They told us that today there isn’t any 2:20 showing of Still Alice – the next was at 5pm.  I should have double checked this morning.  My bad!

We took a bus to Los Molinos, I withdrew a little cash, and we looked for a few things in Home Center.  Teresa spent about 15 minutes debating which frying pan she should buy for heating tortillas (with or without a cover, black or white, cheap or expensive).  Interestingly another woman, that I’m sure didn’t work there, joined her in the decision as to which was best.  We also picked up a roll of electrical tape and a few more closet hooks for a total of 79,450.

We stopped at Popsy and Teresa had a diet vanilla ice cream cone and I had a Snickers cone for a total of 7mil.

I finally made the decision that we would see the 5pm showing of Still Alice (7.5).  We returned to Procinal at 4:05, bought 2 tickets for 18mil and waited until 4:50 to enter the theatre.  I left Teresa with the laptop and our things from Home Center while I went out and purchased a large popcorn and 2 medium sodas for 19mil.

We were sitting in the next to last row on the aisle of their small theatre.  At 5pm the show didn’t start, neither at 5:05, 5:10, or 5:15.  An usher came in and made some announcement and all I understood was “movie” and “problem”.  Two minutes later the movie started with no coming attractions, no opening credits and almost in Julianne Moore’s mid sentence.  

A man sitting in the row behind us and two seats away from the aisle was talking on his large lighted cell phone.  I turned around and said “sh” but he ignored me.  A couple minutes later I went out to the lobby and told someone that there is a man in the movie talking on his cell phone.  He followed me back inside and I stood there and pointed directly at the offender and he finally turned off his phone.

The movie, as expected, was sad but seemed to end a little abruptly at 6:55.  Julianne Moore won the best actress academy award for her role in this movie.

We caught a bus back to Aguacatala and quickly were on a direct bus back to the finca.

Even in the dark we could easily see that some earth moving equipment had cut into the hill next to the entrance to the side road.  I asked Teresa why she was so excited and she said soon she can sell the finca and we can buy a house in Envigado.

The killer dogs detected us right away but I kept the doberman away by waving a small branch behind me and shining a light in its eyes whenever I heard him approaching.

We got back to the finca right at 8pm for the final episode of Master Chef.  On tonight’s episode there were only 3 contestants left for the title and they were all awarded the title of Master Chef.

I received an email from my accountant with good news.  1st, I’m under the minimum required to file a tax return.  2nd, That means I’ll be getting a refund this year.  3rd, I don’t need any withholding from my Social Security which means a little more in my pocket each month.  4th, Because I’ll already have had some SS withholding this year I’ll be getting a small refund next year.

After exchanging emails with my accountant I will have to file again next year just to get my SS withholding.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Cute outfit day.

No comments:

Post a Comment