Sunday, April 26, 2015

Friday, April 24th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until the alarm went off at 7:30.  
Teresa asked for a few more minutes of sleep.  She finally got up after she heard my cell phone receive a text message at 8:11.  I finally woke/got up at 9am and turned on the Today show.

Why did I sleep through the night last night and not other nights?  What was different?  I took my prostate medicine with cereal at 9pm, later than usual.  Could that have been the reason?  Maybe because we walked more than usual yesterday and I was tired?

From the US movie releases I would like to see The Age of Adaline (7.5), Ex Machina (8.0), and The Water Diviner (7.4).

Locally, I would like to see The Cobbler (5.8), Run All Night (7.0), and The Longest Ride (7.2).

I finished putting together the tabs (Direct TV, Une, etc.) for my file box.  Tomorrow when Teresa has more time she’ll give me her receipts.
I gave Laura 70mil for her English lesson tomorrow (60mil for Jhon and 10mil for buses).

We left the finca at 1:50 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We immediately found a bus to El Poblado where we took a taxi to El Tesoro.  Btw, the bridge span has now reached one of the sides.  I imagine now they will work on the other span on the other side.

In Torre Medica I finally figured out how the elevators work.  In the lobby you press buttons for the floor you want and then an intelligent elevator is sent to the lobby for you.  I saw an old couple (he was on oxygen) get in without pressing the buttons in the lobby and the elevator wouldn’t stop at their floor.

We arrived at the 19th floor office at 3pm for her 3:30 appointment.  While she was waiting I went to El Tesoro and took out a little cash from one of their ATMs.

At 3:55 she finally was called in to see the doctor.  I went downstairs and across the street to O-Cake and had a Coke for 3,056 while waiting for her.   She came down at 4:15 and told me everything is good.  We walked into El Tesoro where she spent about an hour looking at clothes in Zara.  I understood she exchanged her blouse for another one and a pair of jeans.  (Later she told me she had to add another 70mil or so.)

We took a taxi direct to Exito Envigado.  I noticed the driver avoided all the main roads and took the side streets.  I thought it was just to keep moving but he did mention “pico y placa” so maybe with his license plate he wasn’t allowed on the main roads.

Teresa said she was hungry so she had a couple pieces of broasted chicken and I had a slice of Hawaiian pizza (with sodas) for 16,400.  Afterwards we bought a loaf of bread for 4,900 and 2 dozen eggs, arepas, ham slices, jar of coffee, and 2 brownies for Laura for 38,700.  Teresa used her last 20mil and 700 pesos and I kicked in the other 18mil.

We took a taxi to the expressway and after a 15 minute wait we were on a Fredonia bus.  I thought it was a direct bus but it made a 10-minute stop in Caldas.  At the side road to the finca I told Teresa to tell the bus driver to stop but by the time she did we were a block or so down the highway.  We were quite a ways past the neighbor’s house before the killer dogs detected us and they were looking in the wrong direction anyway.

We got back to the finca at 8:20.  She understands we are out of cash for this month and also that we didn’t save anything this month.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Imitations and fakes are forbidden.  100% authentic.  100% myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment