Monday, April 20, 2015

Sunday, April 19th, 2015



I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

We left the finca at 1:30 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  It was an unusually cool morning so I took the large umbrella.  I wore my gym shoes but, similar to what Teresa always does, I carried my good shoes with me and changed into them during our 10 minute wait for a bus.  

I’ve decided that new “tunnel” I’ve been seeing is actually a corrugated half cylinder buried into the side of the hill that they use to store earth moving equipment.  The new soccer field looks finished although I don’t see any place for spectators to sit.

Teresa changed her shoes on the bus and put both pairs in her purse.  We got off the bus at the La Estrella station and she told me she left the shoes on the bus.  She had me for a minute because I forgot I saw her put them in her purse.

We took the metro to the Exposiones (sp?) station where we took a taxi about 6 blocks to Plaza Mayor.  We saw Ana right away and Teresa paid 34mil for the two of us to enter.  I guess Ana had already bought her ticket.
This exposition was called ExpoArtesians.  We walked through one of the halls then stopped at an ATM where I took out some cash.  

We all had lunch at Frisby for 50mil.

I paid 85mil ($34) for a blouse that Teresa found.  She said everything is so inexpensive here.

We kept coming back to the same booth – Cofibras.  Ana seemed to know people who worked there and she kept looking at some of their wall hangings and rugs.  I asked Teresa what it is that Ana wants to buy here and finally Teresa explained that Ana is working at this booth.  I guess that explains the badge that was hanging around her neck.  Lol.  I saw a brochure that showed the 6-step process people in the pueblos use to convert plants called fique into their woven products.  We bought a wall hanging for 58mil ($23) and a 6’ x 5’ rug for 160mil ($64).  I envisioned them rolling it up and not being able to put it in a taxi so I asked them if they deliver.  They don’t, I didn’t think they did, but they folded it into a square about 2’ by 2’ and tied it up with twine.  Teresa also bought a purse that looks like a fancy beach bag for 50mil ($20).

We said goodbye to Ana and took a taxi back to Exposiones metro station.  There was a huge line but luckily I had my metro cards and we passed them all.  (I don’t understand why they don’t do the same.)  We walked up to the platform where I sat on the folded rug and changed my shoes.  I was starting to get the beginning of a blister in one spot.

I looked up at the station signs, laughed, and told Teresa we’re on the wrong side of the tracks.  We went back down, crossed over and back up.  Teresa didn’t think we were heading the right way so I asked a young man sitting there which way was north.  His answer confirmed that we were on the wrong side but I asked a woman which way was La Estrella and finally Teresa realized we’re on the correct side of the tracks.

We took the metro to Envigado and when we got off she started walking toward the side closest to Exito.  I knew the bus stop was the other direction so I got her turned around.

We caught a Coometrans bus after only a 5 minute wait, carried all our stuff up the hill in the dark, got past the killer dogs undetected and arrived back at the finca at 7:45.

I asked Teresa about Laura’s last class this year and I understood it would be Friday, November 20th.

At 11pm tonight we’re going to watch a TV program about old women (in their 60s & 70s & 80s) who have young boyfriends (in their 20s & 30s & 40s).  It’s called Extreme Cougar Wives and it’s dubbed in Spanish.

One woman was 89, named Geraldine, supposedly created The Love Boat (book or show, not sure) and she had a 45 year old boyfriend.  He threw her a 90th birthday party, presented her with a ring, proposed but was turned down.  I guess she wants to keep her money in the family.  Lol.

Another woman was 54, beautiful, was into rock and dressing in black leather and had a 25 year old boyfriend.  They were engaged and they showed the dinner where she met the boyfriend’s family for the first time.
I’m happy we’re not going anywhere tomorrow.


In the third couple, she was in her 50s, overweight, unattractive, married 4 times with a 21 year old boyfriend.  They were making their marriage plans.


I took my sleeping pills at midnight and we went to bed 15 minutes later.


I’m happy we’re not going anywhere tomorrow.

I took my sleeping pills at midnight and we went to bed 15 minutes later.



T-shirt of the day: I did not mean to offend you.

No comments:

Post a Comment