Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015



I slept well getting up once at 4:30am.  I was still awake when the alarm went off at 5:30.  Teresa got up 10 minutes later.  Just after 6am I heard Don Carlos trimming the plants in the garden close to the house and the dogs going nuts.  For some reason, at 7:30 Teresa came back to bed.  She said something about no doctor appointment today, no school, but Laura going to see a teacher.  Teresa got up 30 minutes later, had words with Don Carlos and came back to bed.  A few minutes later all was quiet and I was finally able to get back to sleep finally waking/getting up at 10:30.

The NFL Draft is this Thursday (starts at 7pm), Friday (6pm), and Saturday (11am).  I wonder if I’m going to be able to see it on one of my ESPN channels - 1620 or 1626.

Teresa told me she wants me to walk with her down to the highway: 1) for exercise, 2) so someone can give her a phone so she can call Bogota.  (what?)

We took a little walk up the hill and all those ants are gone!  Teresa said, “incredible isn’t it?”  I guess they finished whatever it was they were doing.  

On sunny days like today I’ve started putting my bath towel on the clothesline out back for a few hours so it dries completely for the next day.  Sitting on a rod in the bathroom just doesn’t do it.

Laura came out of her bedroom at 12:30.

In reviewing my checking account I found that, even though I withdrew the same amount both times yesterday, I was charged $4.23 more at the BanColombia ATM in Exito than the one at their downtown office.

After Teresa watches programs like Investigation Discovery she often asks me questions like: Are there a lot of bombings in the US?  Are there a lot of child abductions in the US?  Are there a lot of killings in the US?  I don’t know how to answer her.

Just before dark we took a walk down to the lower end of her property line.  I think she owns a little more than an acre but most of it is vertical.  This was when I learned that the creek that runs at the far end of her property is the source of the water for the finca.  Now I understand that’s why she boils the water for drinking.

We watched Die (4.9) and then started In the Bedroom (7.5).  As usual at 8pm Teresa watches some programs in Spanish and I watched a couple episodes of Criminal Minds.

At 10pm we found a program called Wild Colombia on Discovery Channel so Teresa allowed me to change the broadcast to English.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm, set my alarm to 7:30am and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: When nothing is certain, everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment