Saturday, April 4, 2015

Thursday, April 2nd, 2015



I got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Walter’s son showed up at 9:30 and started working outside the finca.  At one point Teresa shut off a circuit breaker – not sure what that was about. 

Teresa showed me a glass casserole dish with a large piece of meat in it.  She said something about not eating meat – but I forget what day she said.

I made waffles for Teresa and I, and Laura after she finally woke up.  I believe my large batch makes something like 11 waffles (portions).

The social security payment has been deposited into my checking account.

I attempted to do my monthly backup of my documents and photos to my 16Gb flash drive but for the first time I was informed there isn’t sufficient space.  I guess I need to do a little cleaning up or buy a 32Gb drive.

We gave 70mil to Walter’s son.  If I understood Teresa correctly his name is something like Ericson.  I’ll use that name until I know something better.

I finished watching The Winds of Kitty Hawk.

We finished watching Trade.

I heard some thunder at 4pm – but no rain.  At 4:50 I heard more thunder.  At 5:10 more thunder.  At 5:30 more thunder.  Still no rain.

At 6pm Teresa told me that Laura was ready to start studying math with me.  I started with solving the simplest equations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division but I quickly learned she hadn’t learned 3rd grade multiplication.  

I signed up for math at IXL.com ($9.95 per month) so she could practice on the computer. Somewhere along the way Teresa and Laura had words with each other and Laura went into her room and locked the door.  Teresa told me we aren’t going to pay for her to take English classes if she won’t study.

I found Criminal Minds on Netflix but its only 2 seasons (8 & 9).  Teresa and I watched The Cider House Rules (7.4) and then we started The Collector (6.4).

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment