Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Monday, April 13th, 2015



I slept well until 4:20 and was still awake when the alarm went off at 5am.  I made sure Teresa was awake but she didn’t get up right away.  I kept telling myself it wasn’t my problem but I wondered when she would get up.  At 5:25 she got up and I think I heard them leave about 6:30.

I think I fell asleep for a couple short 30 minute naps between then and 8:30 when I finally got up.

At 9:05 I thought I heard a back door open and a couple minutes later Laura came out of her bedroom and said good morning.  That was a surprise since I thought she went with her mother.

At 9:30 came another surprise when Teresa knocked on the front door and asked for the keys so she could unlock the door.  Behind her was Walter and a young girl who I assume was his daughter.  There were a lot of plastic bags scattered on the floor so I guess there wasn’t any meeting, or it was very short, and then Teresa bought vegetables in Merkepaisa.

Teresa told me she wants to go to Envigado at 3pm.  I told her I didn’t want to leave that late.  

She showed me a new loaf of bread she bought and told me they can’t cut the slices thicker but we can buy and cut it ourselves.

Teresa got lunch ready and then took a nap from 11 to 12.

We left the finca at 1:10 and got past the killer dogs undetected.

I can see that a little more of the hill at the base of the sideroad has been removed.

We were on a bus after only a 5 minute wait.

Our first stop in Envigado was at BanColombia where I took out more cash.  Teresa tried to get money for Laura that her grandmother sent her but I understand we waited too long and the money is no longer available.

Around the corner from Exito and BanColombia we stopped at an internet café where I printed my tax forms, signed them and faxed them back to the US with no difficulties.  

We stopped at Nohelia where Teresa had her nails done and her hair washed and set for 35 mil.

We bought some arepas, napkins and a package of salted nuts at Exito for 19,280.

We stopped at Torta y Torta (Cake and Cake) where we shared a large slice of tiramisu and a glass of milk for 6,600 pesos.

We stopped at the tailors where Teresa picked up the blouse she had altered for 45mil.

We quickly caught a taxi but Teresa realized she had left her good shoes somewhere.  We went back to Nohelia and then back to the tailors where she found them.

When we got to a main road leading to the highway, traffic was crawling.  I didn’t want to walk so we stayed with the taxi.  When we got to the bridge over the highway, we didn’t move for 5-10 minutes so we finally gave up, paid the driver 8mil and walked the rest of the way.

We quickly caught a Tratam bus and once again were crawling in traffic.  At one point the driver pulled into what appeared to be a factory parking lot, drove through the circular drive in front and back to the highway in order to get ahead of some other cars.  Later, he pulled down a side street, drove through Estrella and Tablaza (sp?) and finally got back to the highway.  We ended up getting back to the sideroad 2 hours after we got on the bus in Envigado.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca at 8pm right when Master Chef was starting.

My accountant in the States confirmed receipt of my 2 forms so I’m good to go!

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: I am his Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment