Saturday, October 15, 2016

Friday, October 14th, 2016

In the morning the water was back on.  Yay!

We left the apt at 11:45 for the ladies (MT, Teresa and Laura) exercise class where I worked out for an hour and 15 minutes.  There are a few ladies that work so hard with weights that their backs are glistening with sweat.
Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Accountant (8.0) and Desierto (5.6).

Locally, I would like to see Inferno (6.7) which has just been released here but is officially opening in the US on October 28th.  It is playing at noon at El Tesoro and 2:10pm, 3:40pm, 5pm and 6:30 pm at Oviedo.

I received an email that my package from my friend Ruben in Hawaii was now in the Medellin MBE office.

I left the apt at 2:30, walked a few blocks where I found a bus waiting for me.  I paid my 1,900 pesos (about 70 cents) and the bus ride was very fast getting to Starbucks in record time – about 10 minutes.  In Starbucks the line was much longer than usual – I would say 15-20 people.  I went next door and ordered 3 Boston Cream donuts – 2 to go and 1 for me to eat there.  I also ordered a large Latte and the total was 13,700 pesos (about $5).  While waiting for my coffee I was looking at a “magic cup” on the counter that they had for sale for 15,000 pesos.  The decal on it looked pretty dim.  The young lady behind the counter said it was a magic mug and she took it and filled it with hot water and in a few seconds it brightened like someone had turned on a light.  That was pretty cool.

I walked about 10 minutes down to MBE where I picked up my package.  I took a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.  I was wondering how to hold my box, the package of donuts and press the stop button and hold onto something for the inevitable quick stop.  A couple young ladies got up and pressed the button about a block before I planned to get off so I got off after them and was back at the apt by 4:30.

I opened the box and found a chess book – Dangerous Weapons – Sicilian and 2 DVD containers – RYBKA4 and Shredder 10.  I especially wanted the former to analyze my games against Dario but when I opened the box there was no DVD inside.  :(
In installing the latter I got a message about “compatability issues”.  It also seemed to take a long time scanning drive D looking for my DVD drive.  And it later said “This may not be an original DVD.”  Anyway it seemed to install ok.

Teresa wants to go back to Santafe de Antioquia tomorrow to work on her tan some more.  This is a “puente” weekend as Monday is a holiday so we don’t know if it will be a lot more crowded.  Her mother has a 9am doctor’s appointment in Envigado tomorrow so Teresa’s plan is if the appointment doesn’t take long they will come back and we’ll leave for Laureles no later than 9:30.


T-shirt of the day: Enjoy life now this is not a rehearsal moment.  (With the English they should have quit while they were ahead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment