Friday, October 7, 2016

Thursday, October 6th, 2016

So, today is my 71st birthday.

We left the apt at 9am and got to Mall Laureles by 9:30.  I said hello to Lucas again and we stopped at La Biscuit where we had coffee and a pastry.  I understood we weren’t going to be stopping at the restaurant on the way to Santafe.

We arrived at the “resort” by 11:30.  Teresa was a little bummed out because it was overcast but I explained to her that she can still get tanned.  I swam in the pool a bit and laid on the chaise lounge a bit – at least a little longer after I dried off – I’m not much of a sun worshiper.  I finally got an internet connection and I played 4 10-minute games on chess.com, winning 3.

We had a nice lunch of pork in pineapple sauce with French fries for me, fish for the ladies, with soup, salad and fresh juice.  Everything was very tasty except the dessert which looked like a cupcake but was more like a tort.  Just after 3pm we heard thunder in the distance and the clouds got darker and about 4pm it started misting a little.  We moved our things and then had someone show us the rooms they have for rent.  Their basic rooms are small – very basic but their upper rooms are fancier with jacuzzis.

We left at 5:45 and stopped at the roadside diner where I had a café con leche with 2 freshly made almojabanas.  The driver dropped us right in front of the taxi stand in Exito Laureles.

On our way down Avenida 80 the driver asked Teresa something and then he pulled into a gas station.  He circled around the pumps but then it seemed he didn’t line up evenly with a pump.  All the ladies got out and I was thinking, “what, we have to change taxis because he has to fillup his car?”  They moved away from the car and I asked her if it’s so dangerous we have to stand away from the car?  Teresa said something about gas and I said gasoline?  She repeated gas and again I said gasoline?   She said gas and I finally got it, gas.  The attendant opened the hood and put the nozzle into a location just behind the radiator.  After they were finished we got back in the car and were on our way again.  We got back to the apt by 8:10pm and shortly after we lost our internet connection.


T-shirt of the day: Active sport life.

No comments:

Post a Comment