Monday, October 3, 2016

Sunday, October 2nd, 2016

I didn’t sleep well last night; it seems it took me hours to fall asleep and I was awakened by fireworks and people talking outside (and below) our bedroom window.

Today is referendum day in Colombia.  Traffic was abnormally heavy outside from about noon to 4pm – I guess people going to and coming back from voting.

Laura left about 2pm to vote in Caldas.  Teresa would have to go to La Estrella so she decided not to vote.

My Chicago Bears beat the Detroit Lions 17-14 today.  Finally, someone worse than us that we can beat.  I’m getting down to the end of the bag of peanuts and they aren’t so fresh anymore – well I have had them open for 3 weeks now.

Teresa and I walked down to her mother’s apartment and walked with her to mass.  They had a different priest than usual and I was happy because mass only lasted 30-35 minutes tonight.

The latest news is that Colombia rejected the government’s agreement to make peace with the FARC.  The difference between Si and No was only 60,000 votes.

Wow, my Phillipino friend, Ruben, sent me an 18-move game I won back in 1975.  I think I’ll have to try that opening on my friend Dario next time he plays c5 as black.


T-shirt of the day: Future number 1 draft pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment