Thursday, October 13, 2016

Tuesday, October 11th, 2016

I slept well, at least until 6:30am when I was awakened by a bus’s squealing brakes.

We left the apt about 11:15 and arrived at Tecnoquimicas in Guayabal (Carrera 51 #14-249) at 11:35.  The taxi ride cost 18,000 pesos.  They are open Monday-Friday from 9-noon and 2pm to 5pm.  Their phone numbers are 351-5380 and 265-8884.  We only had to wait 15 minutes and they exchanged my 9 empty 14-tablet boxes of Isoklon for 36 3-tablet boxes.  I should be good now for the next 3 months or so.

We walked down the street to a small restaurant called La 14 where we had a nice lunch that included frijoles, rice, salad, a slice of plantain, a baked chicken leg, (hockey puck) arepa and fresh juice for 9,000 pesos (about $3.25) each.  I don’t usually eat white rice unless it comes with frijoles or meat sauce that I can mix with it.

We were going to go to Mayorista Euro to buy a lot of food for the month but Teresa decided there would be too many people so she wanted to go early tomorrow morning.  When she told me she wanted to leave at 6am I told her we’re in no hurry today so let’s go now.  We took a taxi to the grocery store for 15mil.  It wasn’t any more crowded than the previous times we were there earlier in the day.  I helped Teresa pick up things and put them in the shopping cart until we got to the fruits, vegetables and meat section.  Then I told her I was going to the deli for a cup of coffee.

On my way to the café I turned down an aisle and walking ahead of me was an attractive young woman with nice muscular legs in a mid-thigh skirt, and high heels. She also had a pretty face, small waist and large bust.  There sure is a lot of nice eye candy in this country.  With these comments it’s a good think I’m not running for president.

I had to wait a couple minutes to order my coffee.  While sitting at my table the same woman went through checkout and then spent some time at a small kiosk in front of me.

Teresa came by with a near full shopping cart and said she was ready to go.  At checkout she asked me to pick up some last minute things she forgot and I saw the woman again walking through the store.  :)

I understood Teresa skipped buying a lot of fruits and vegetables so we wouldn’t have too many things to take back to the apt.  Everything totaled 292,078 pesos or about $110.  We quickly caught a car (con effectivo) back to the apt for 10mil.

I was back just in time to watch an episode of Mayday: airline catastrophes.  When that was over about 2:20 I had already changed clothes to go to the park to play chess but when I looked outside it was raining.  L  It stopped about 45 minutes later but it was so overcast I didn’t chance going out at all.

The US embassy in Bogota responded It is not required by force to be typed, just to avoid the people processing the information making a mistake if your writing is not clear enough.  Maybe if it was on a punched card it would be easier for them.  Lol.

I watched the 2nd half of the Colombia vs Uruguay soccer match that ended in a 2-2 tie.  I believe these are qualifying matches for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

It rained most of the night.

T-shirt of the day: Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment