Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday, October 29th, 2016

Well, I had trouble getting to sleep last night so there will probably be a nap in my near future.

It rained some overnight.  I left the apt about 10am, walked in a slight drizzle, added 50mil to our cell phone, had my SS annual Benefits Letter copied to my memory drive as a .pdf file at the paper store, and bought a small bag of rice at the corner store.

I took a little nap from 11am to noon.

I sent a new email to the US Embassy in Bogota requesting a certified SS Benefits Letter.  I attached pdf files containing a completed Release of Information Letter, Passport, and old SS Benefits Letter along with my apt address in Envigado.  We’ll see how long it takes to get here and if this is any help (money wise or time wise) in obtaining a new Visa come December.

Among new US movie releases, there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, I want to see The Accountant (8.0), Ouija: Origen of Evil (6.7), and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (6.4).

I watched a couple movies in the afternoon – mainly killing time until World Series game #4 starts at 7pm.

This week’s close was 2,961 Colombian Pesos to the Dollar.

About 8pm Laura came back from the beauty shop with her hair braided and some special makeup.  She left about 9pm for a Halloween party in Parque Lleras with her girlfriends.  Very cute!
Laura in her new boots

With Halloween makeup

The Cleveland Indians spanked the Chicago Cubs 7-2 to go up 3-1 in the World Series.


T-shirt of the day: American buffalo.

6 comments:

  1. About the Russia thing:never never never click on anything the mais says. It maybe fishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I already knew that! "Mais"? And I believe its spelled phishing.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, its my mobile phone... I put in Portuguese too, so I keep mixing languages. How is your Spanish? I´m a teacher so I´m always interested in languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Spanish is improving but still very basic. Formal study puts me to sleep. Hmmm, maybe I should use that instead of sleeping pills.

      Delete
    2. Terry,
      So, have you discovered DUOLINGO? It's free & it lets you progress at your own pace. I'm using it to brush up on my ESPERANTO, which I have't used for 45 years & am having better luck with it than the first time around.
      I'm also using it as a refresher for my PORTUGUESE, and I'm ripping thru the lessons 90mph!
      Check Duolingo out. You can use it whenever you like, for a just few minutes at a time, or for an hour. It also lets you practice & reinforce your spanish skills little by little.
      OK — HTH
      Paul M.
      ==

      Delete
    3. Paul, thanks for the tip but I've been using Duolingo for some time now. Of course, I only do a lesson a day.

      Delete