Saturday, October 29, 2016

Friday, October 28th, 2016

I got up at 7:30, had my usual breakfast (scrambled eggs, buttered arepa and coffee) and we left the apt at 8:30.  At Euro in Mayorista I helped Teresa find some necessary things and then I had a café con leche for 2,000 pesos while Teresa picked up the meat and vegetables.  For a full shopping cart the total bill came to 372,702 ($125).  We took a cash car (effectivo) back to the apt for 10mil.

I received another email from yahoo that someone attempted to access my account again this morning from Russia.

We left just before noon and Teresa and her mother participated in the noon exercise class.  I was doing a tricep weight exercise with 40# when Jose asked why I was using so little weight (he was using 80#).  I told him I’m 70 years old, half his age.  He said don’t think about the numbers and I told him he’s the one who started talking about numbers – 40#.  Lol. They finished at 1pm and headed back to the apt to make lunch while I finished up at 1:20.

About 3:30 we had a thunder storm come through that set off a lot of the car alarms.  It only lasted about 20 minutes and then we had a rain storm that lasted another 20 minutes.  After that I walked over to the paper store where I had the information page of my passport copied to my memory drive as a .pdf file.  That cost me 1,000 pesos.  On the way back to the apt I saw these large fresh churros in a bakery so I bought 2 for 2,600 pesos.  I also noticed that along the main street (Avenida Poblado) they have dug around some small trees that are now tied in burlap.  I think they are to be moved in anticipation of the new express bus line going in.

I ate one of the churros right away when I got back to the apt.  They were large and fresh but it seems the taste could be better somehow so the search for the perfect churro continues.

Teresa informed me that Guillermo, our finca neighbor, was robbed last week.  I know he was poor but I understood they took his TV and other valuables from his house.  She also said something about them taking his dogs in order to rob him; not sure exactly what that means.  It’s a good thing we’re out of there.  Later, Teresa told me that the woman that currently is renting her finca wants out.  She has a one year contract that ends next May so Teresa will have to find another renter.

I watched the Chicago Cubs lose to the Cleveland Indians 1-0.  J


T-shirt of the day: I’m more than just a pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment