Sunday, October 2, 2016

Saturday, October 1st, 2016

Laura and I left the apt at 9am and while there was a long line in the bank (Bancolombia) itself and the lobby for the ATMs, there was only one other man ahead of us for the special machine.  We had no difficulty paying my health insurance and apartment rent for the month.  We were finished in less than 5 minutes and I’m pretty confident I could do it myself alone next month.  Yay!  I’ll probably have Laura along one more time to watch me do it alone for the first time.

My heel is still sore although it’s a lot easier to walk on today.

Mother Teresa came over and with Teresa we took a taxi to Torre Intermedica on Calle 7.  We arrived at the dermatologist’s office at 10:40 for MT’s 11:40 appointment.  I asked why we were there so early and Teresa said it’s because we might be able to get in earlier. 

I walked across the street where I took out 400mil from a Servibanca ATM and once again it was all in small bills – 10s & 20s.  I walked to MBE to pay October’s rent but on the way I had the thought that the woman who takes care of payments won’t be there today.  Sure enough, there were 2 men and they told me I have to come back on Monday.

I’ve been seeing more banners and car stickers recommending to vote “no” for the Colombian agreement with FARC.  We’ll soon know as tomorrow is the referendum.

Back at the medical office the Teresa’s were still in the waiting room.  I went downstairs to Il Capuccino where I had a cafĂ© con leche and read my Nook book.  They came down about 30 minutes later and said that MT has to come back on Monday for a blood draw.  I said I’ll come with her as I have to pay my MBE bill for October.  Teresa said she has to be here at 6am; I said “no, I don’t think I’ll be joining you”.  Lol.

We caught a taxi and were back at the apt by 12:30.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,881 to the Dollar.

I received an email from Ruben that he has sent me 2 PC DVDs of chess software and a chess book.  He then proceeded to tell me the story of what happened to him and his family after the bombing of Pearl Harbor when he was 11.

The soreness in my heel went away in the afternoon.

T-shirt of the day: California. City of dreams.

(Hey, don’t blame the messenger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment