Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Monday, October 3rd, 2016

Btw, my I had no problem yesterday with my Slingbox connection.

My heel was still slightly sore so I decided to skip the treadmill today.  I might even skip it all week to be sure it’s completely healed before starting again.  And I’ll be careful about wearing those deck shoes again.

I received an email from the US Embassy acknowledging that everything can be taken care of without going to Bogota. Yay!

If I understand correctly, the people living in the rural areas of Colombia, those most affected by FARC, voted 55% to 45% for peace.  Those least affected, people living in the cities, voted “no”.  And, heavy rains from Hurricane Matthew, caused low turnout in the north.

Well, I put on my deck shoes (I know), and took a bus to MBE where I paid my rental for the rest of the year (October-December) of 130,500 (about $45).  I took a bus up to Starbucks where I bought a slice of carrot cake and a large vanilla latte, extra hot.  (Actually I ordered a small latte but the young lady held up a large cup and I said ok, so be careful of their bait & switch tactics.)  The only seats available was a small section in the sun so I walked with my coffee and cake on a nice ceramic dish next door to Krispy Kreme where the A/C is better and there were a lot less people (and thus more seats).  I ordered a couple donuts to go for the ladies.  I took my time (about 30 minutes) eating the cake, drinking my latte and reading my Nook book.

About 4pm I took a bus back to Envigado; this time I took an Envigado bus instead of my usual Sabaneta one because I wanted to go a few blocks further east to the pharmacy.  About 4-5 blocks short of my street it turned east and I tried to keep track of where I was by it’s turns but soon it was in the diagonal/transversal streets and I knew I was lost.  I got off and using my sense of direction walked about 8 blocks, finally finding the pharmacy and I bought my drugs for the month.

I was back at the apt by just before 5pm.  There is still a little soreness in my heel but at least it didn’t get any worse today.

Online I found the form that MT needs to cancel her Medicare Part B.  I plan to print it out soon but maybe we can call the US and she can do it over the phone.

I upgraded from the Gold Plan to the Platinum Plan on www.chess.com for an additional $2 a month.  We’ll see what additional benefits I get.


T-shirt of the day: Daddy’s lil monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment