Friday, October 14, 2016

Thursday, October 13th, 2016

After breakfast Mother Teresa showed up with her passport.  And she found her Social Security card.

After watching the 1st hour of the Today show I left the apt and stopped again at the paper store.  I had a copy made of the information page of her passport and then had it and the Medicare Cancellation form copied to my USB drive as pdf files.  That cost me 3,000 pesos.

I stopped briefly in the park to watch a chess game in progress.  It was a few minutes before 11am when the official chess sets are to arrive.

In $efecty I paid the 64,900 Une (wifi) bill for the month.

I stopped in Exito and picked up a few things and was back at the apt less than an hour after I left.

I emailed everything to the embassy to request to cancel Mother Teresa’s Medicare withdrawals.  I checked their website for the last thing – to setup automatic payment to her Bancolombia account.  The site had a link but when I clicked on it I received “Oops! MMT Service Currently Unavailable.  Not Found. Please try again later.”

Unfortunately, I found that we no longer have running water.  :(

Because we had no water it made it very challenging for Teresa to cook so we walked down to Bocados Bar where we had a nice dinner for 2 for 38mil.  I don’t know how he makes the chicken so juicy.

Back at the apt I watched the end of the Denver Broncos vs San Diego Chargers game.  The Chargers finally held on in the 2nd half to win.


T-shirt of the day: Not a lot going on at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. If you want juicy and tender chicken leave it marinating overnight in yougurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gf, and probably every other woman in Colombia, uses a pressure cooker that seems to work well. Not sure what the problem is with beef, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. It scared me for life. I remember when I was a child in Colombia, we had to eat it like that, we hated it.

    ReplyDelete