Saturday, October 1, 2016

Friday, September 30th, 2016


Among this week’s new US movie releases I would like to see Deepwater Horizon (7.5) and Denial (4.9).  Locally, I sould like to see Deepwater Horizon but it’s only playing at El Tesoro at 6:50pm.

We arrived at the health club at noon.  I worked out on all the machines including 18 minutes at speed 6 on the treadmill.  We left at 1:40 and stopped at a butcher shop where Teresa picked up some chicken with which to make lunch.

Back at the apt as I unloaded all my stuff I realized I’d left my little exercise book (I think weights & measures is a good name for it) back at the gym.
After lunch I crashed on the bed for about 45 minutes but couldn’t fall asleep. 

I got my butt out of bed and headed back to the gym.  On the way my right heel started hurting and I was limping by the time I got to the gym.  (I was wearing my deck shoes with the thin soles.  I’m not sure if that was the cause or all the walking on the treadmill.)  At the gym the receptionist right away handed my my little green book.  I limped back to the apt and took a whole Excedrin tablet which helped a little.  I also changed into my flip flops.

I had picked up the latest Gente newspaper and they had more information about the new mall currently under construction here in Envigado.  All I understood was that the construction area encompasses 190,000 square meters and besides stores there will be offices, a 14 screen movie theater and parking for 3,050 cars and 1,003 motorcycles.

I checked the US embassy website and it appeared that the 3 things Mother Teresa needs to take care of can all be done without a trip to Bogota.  I emailed them to double check and their reply confirmed 2 of them but they didn’t mention the most important – getting her SS deposits into Bancolombia.  I emailed them back but it’s now after 5pm on a Friday and I’ll bet they are shut down for the weekend.

Mother Teresa came over to show me her SS card.  She had 3 cards: her NJ driver’s license, her Medicare card, and a health insurance card but no SS card.  At least the Medicare card had her SS number on it so I could confirm we’re using the right number.

My old Phillipino chess friend Ruben recommended I play the Benko Gambit as black.  I’ll check into that.

We had a rainstorm start about 10pm and we shut down the wifi and TV.


T-shirt of the day: Sore today, strong tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment