Friday, October 28, 2016

Wednesday, October 26th, 2016

I did my hour and 20 minutes at the health club.  It seems there are more people there every day.

I left the apt at 1pm and caught a bus after only waiting for a minute.  On the metro I saw a sign in one of the stations for starting your own business with Amway.

I was 20 minutes early when I was a block away from Dario’s store so I took the opportunity to go to the upper levels of the Aventura mall.  I saw that they have a 5-screen movie theatre but all the movies are probably dubbed in Spanish.

At Dario’s store we played our 2 games.  I had White in the first game and was attacking his king relentlessly but couldn’t find the moves to put him away and I eventually lost on time.  In the 2nd game with the Black pieces he attacked my king and I lost on time probably just before he was going to checkmate me.

He informed me that he wouldn’t be available to play chess next Wednesday at the store but he said he has a brother who lives in the El Dorado neighborhood of Envigado and he invited me to play him there.  I told him I would call him.

Teresa and I walked down to her mother’s apartment where I was supposed to help her understand how to work a blender who’s instructions were in English.  The light is so bad in the apartment (one small overhead bulb) that it was difficult to read the instruction manual.  And there was no light over the appliance itself.  Talk about challenging.  I got it to work once but when I went to show them how it worked it wouldn’t start again – supposedly because the top wasn’t on correctly.  I did translate a couple buttons from English to Spanish for them.

While there, MT took my blood pressure with an automatic device and it registered as 134 over 70.

Laura went to the embassy website using both her laptop and her Samsung tablet and both gave her the same error as I’ve been getting.

On Direct TV I watched the Chicago Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1.  Now the games move on to Chicago where the Indians will have to win at least one game to return to Cleveland.


T-shirt of the day: I love me to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment