Thursday, October 27, 2016

Monday, October 24th, 2016

Teresa left the apt a little early so she could make the health club payment for the month – 41mil (about $14) per person.  I did my usual hour and fifteen minutes at the gym with Teresa and her mother.  My weigh-in today was at 67 ¾ kilos.  Today I noticed my right gym shoe is coming apart; the sole is separating from the rest of the shoe.  I think I recall catching it on a piece of sidewalk recently.

About 2pm in the apt we heard thunder and Teresa said we should leave early so we’ll be able to catch a taxi.  I changed clothes, we left the apt at 2:15 and walked a few blocks where we caught a taxi.  Again we had the driver drop us off at Carulla behind Oviedo.  First we went upstairs to the theatre, there was no line and we bought 2 tickets to the 3:15 showing of Inferno for 25mil (about $8.50).

Teresa thought there was a Fedco in this mall, she was looking for some special shampoo, but they didn’t have one so she window shopped a little.  At 3:05 we headed upstairs where I bought a medium popcorn, 2 medium sodas and a bag of some type of onion ring-like chips for her for 25,000 pesos.  In the theater we saw a coming attraction for another Tom Hanks movie A Hologram for the King (6.1).  (I saw later that it was released back in April.)  I had read the Dan Brown book Inferno some years ago but of course I don’t remember much of it.  The movie was good and by the way there were only about 8 other people in the theater.

After the movie we went across the street to Santafe mall where we quickly found the Fedco store.  I wandered around while Teresa was talking to a saleslady about some products and was pleasantly surprised to find the Arm & Hammer antiperspirant deodorant I used to buy at Walgreen’s back in the States.  It cost 14,300 pesos (about $5) probably close to twice as expensive as in the States but I love these personal products that I used to have.  (Before this I used Speed Stick which is pretty decent and most recently Dove for Men which I don’t really care for.)  At least this 26oz container is almost 50% larger than the others.

Teresa went into Zara to check out their sales and I looked at a display for some type of coffee maker that makes different kinds of lattes.  While waiting for Teresa come out I saw an attractive middle aged woman with a nice figure walk by.  With a waist that small I’m sure she’s had some work done.  Teresa soon came out and we took a taxi back to Envigado.

I understand tonight is the final episode of the latest Desafio (Challenge) show she watches each night at 8pm.

Laura doesn’t work until 3pm tomorrow so she said she would go with me to the shoe repair shop we visited last time.

I finally started eating some of the nacho chips I bought a week or more ago.  They’ve already started losing some of their freshness.


T-shirt of the day: Oh, you’re a prince, but I’m a queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment