Monday, October 24, 2016

Sunday, October 23rd, 2016

At 1pm it started raining but it only lasted about 20 minutes.

I watched some football on Direct TV’s NFL Red Zone.  It switches between each of the football games in progress and it’s in English.

Teresa told me Laura wants something from Santafe mall so we left a couple minutes earlier than planned – at 5:20 – for the 6:15 show at Oviedo.  We had to walk a couple blocks to catch a taxi.  I asked the driver if he knew the Carulla supermarket behind Oviedo and he said he did so I asked him to drop us off there.  He headed in the right direction I just had to stop him from turning too soon a couple times.  While the ladies did some window shopping at Bon Bonite I went upstairs to buy tickets for Inferno playing at 6:15.  I changed my mind when I saw the long line for tickets.
I told Teresa about that but said that the same movie is playing across the street at Santafe mall at 6:30.  We walked across the street and I left the ladies at Forever 21 while I went downstairs to buy another bottle of Ginkgo Biloba.  On the way I saw a Saint Bernard that was getting a lot of attention.  Today in the lobby they had a children’s forest with tall plastic trees and the ground is like a trampoline.  I was a little surprised that the price in Fedco was the same as El Tesoro - 68,000 pesos.

The ladies were waiting for me when I got back to the store.  They said they would go with me to buy tickets.  I led them to the elevator because I figured that was the quickest way to get to the theatre on the 5th floor.  Teresa got on the elevator even though it showed it was going down and that’s when I learned that while there are 5 levels of stores, there are 6 levels of underground parking.

There was a short line for tickets but when it was our turn all that was available were 5 seats in the front row.  I didn’t go for that.  Teresa said no problem we’ll just come back tomorrow.  I told her only if it’s in the afternoon.

The ladies did some more shopping in Bershka.  Laura asked me if I would buy her a pair of boots for 200mil and she would give me 100mil when we got back to the apt and the other 100mil when she got paid for her job.  They cost 199,000 pesos (about $68) and came up over her knees.  I can’t understand why they would wear something like that in this warm weather but that’s fashion for you.

We stopped in J&C Delicias where we all had a very tasty dinner with fresh juice for 110,200 (about $38) including tip.  While sitting in the restaurant I observed a pretty young lady in the shortest skirt I’ve ever seen, going up on the escalator.  If it was any shorter it would be scarf.  Lol.  Have I mentioned that there are some good looking women here?

We caught a taxi back to the apt where Laura gave me the 100mil that she promised.


T-shirt of the day: Shoes speak louder than words.

5 comments:

  1. Boots in Medellín. Funny. Unrelated: What would be the plase in US that has a cimate simmilar to Medellín? Or simmilar in summer but not that cold in winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, all I know is it isn't Chicago. Somewhere in the southern US outside of the desert areas. Beyond that I don't know. Maybe there isn't a place in the US where it is in the 70s-80s year around.

      Delete
  2. True. I live in southern urope and winter is cold here; but not as cold as in central or nothern europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind sharing; where in southern Europe?

      Delete
  3. Southern California might be the closest climate

    ReplyDelete