Thursday, October 20, 2016

Tuesday, October 18th, 2016

I woke up at 7:45 and thought I heard a strange sound.  I opened an eye and looked out and saw it was raining; I guess what I heard was cars splashing through the puddles.  There was no longer a hurry to get up (we’re not going to Santafe) but I got up anyway at 8:30.  Despite getting up twice during the night I felt like I slept well.

I got another email from yahoo.com informing me that someone in Russia tried to login to my account.  (I guess it’s good that yahoo can block it but I know they would never be able to guess my password.  :)

At 11:30 it was only 70 degrees in my computer room where usually during the day it’s 74-76 degrees.

I received an email from MBE that I had a document and package available for pickup.  I left the apt at 11:45 and was back by 1:15.  I had my Chess Life magazine and the vitamin E tablets that I ordered for Teresa.  Wow, both packages I recently received took exactly 2 weeks to arrive.

After lunch we walked down to MT’s apt and caught a taxi to Mayorista.  We bought 176,605 pesos (about $60) worth of food – mostly fruits and vegetables.  MT bought a number of things also but she paid for her own stuff.  We caught the same car (effectivo) as last time, dropped MT at her apt and I paid 10mil after we were dropped off at our apt.

I checked the embassy website but the instructions still weren’t there so I sent them an email asking for advice.

In the evening it was unusually cool so I changed into my warm-up suit.


T-shirt of the day: The struggle is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment