Sunday, October 9, 2016

Saturday, October 8th, 2016

I think it rained all night and it’s still cloudy this morning.

I didn’t sleep well last night.  I got up about 2:30 and took one of my new Advils.  I’m trying to avoid taking Excedrin Migraine (even if it is only half a tablet) so often.  I got up at 8:30 and took half an Excedrin Migraine anyway as I still didn’t feel right.

After breakfast I walked over to the internet café to find it closed.  I walked over to the other side of the block and across the street to the large paper store.  I asked to print 1 copy of the email I wrote explaining why my chess package doesn’t include a purchase receipt and 2 copies of the form that Mother Teresa needs to request a cancellation of her Medicare insurance.  The salesman first had to download software (that took 5 minutes) that would access my USB drive.  Then I got my copies for about 1,500 pesos.
I stopped at Bancolombia and attempted to withdraw the maximum shown on their screen but I got the same error number as previously.  Next door at Citibank, no problem.  I stopped in Exito and picked up a few things.
Back at the apt Teresa helped me move my chess table and computer a few feet away to a corner of the utility room so it’s easier now for her to access the drying rack.

I used my camera to take a photo of my email to MBE and downloaded it to my laptop.  Then I attached it as a file to their website.  I tried to set the value on the website to $0 but that wasn’t allowed so I set it to $1.  (I hope I’m not running into a catch-22 where if you enter a value then you have to have a purchase receipt.)

I filled out the form to cancel Medicare for MT.  Later I saw that it’s supposed to be typed.  Where the heck does one get a typewriter these days, especially in South America?

The new cell phone Laura bought last month is a Samsung (Galaxy?) J2.
At 12:45pm it started raining again.  I guess no trip to the park to play chess today.  It didn’t end until early evening.  Well, this is the rainy month after all.

About 3pm a man brought over a wooden trunk that Teresa had ordered to store things in.  It was custom made in Caldas and cost 450mil plus 30mil for delivery (about $165).  Man that wood they use is heavy.  She ordered another larger one.  


Teresa and I watched The Hunter (6.8) and then The Bear (7.7) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: The magic of Las Vegas.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, you can actually type in. Just try to write in whatever you want and see if it lets you. Otherwise you need to install a program. I used to think like you but Iwas doing a course online and they thought me how to do it. I hate it. In European websites here they don´t ask you to do that, you do it directly in a form. But, anyway, next time just try to type in, it probably lets you.

    ReplyDelete