Saturday, January 14, 2017

Friday, January 13, 2017

I understand this is the first of our two Friday the 13th this year.
Again it seemed like it took hours to fall asleep last night.

I received an email that my chess set is at MBE waiting pickup.

The 3 of us took a taxi to El Viejo y El Pancake.  We had to wait a few minutes for others to finish their meals.  When it was our turn David informed me that he is out of hash browns.  L  I ordered a short stack of blueberry pancakes, sausage patties and coffee.  Teresa and Laura ordered a burrito, sausage and juice and everyone was happy with their food.

Laura left to go to work and Teresa and I walked to the chess league office.  There we found that there is a chess tournament next weekend.  The problem is that it’s an OPEN type tournament which means there will be masters and experts playing.  I’m going to wait for an amateur tournament – what they call AFICIANADO (sp?).
We stopped at a small mall called El Diamonte so Teresa could look at clothes.  Problem was there wasn’t much of a selection there for her to try.  I did find 3 different watch/clock repair stores and got 2 of their business cards.  Sometime in the next few weeks/months I’ll return with my chess clock to see if they can clean it.

On our way to The Town Barber Shop Teresa found a small clothing store.  She was there for about an hour trying on different blouses and dresses.  (Goes to show that I should take my Nook with me whenever I go out with her.)  She finally found something she liked for 75mil (about $26).  The problem is that the owner only took cash and I was down to 110mil.  I still needed to pay about 20mil for my haircut and 20mil for the taxi ride back to the apt and who knows what else.  I gave the owner 80mil but got 10mil back in change.  What?

We walked a couple blocks away to the barber shop.  On the way I noticed the Army's 7th Division 4th Brigade on the other side of the street which looks like it takes up several blocks.

At the barber shop we were told that our usual barber was on lunch break but was due back soon.  We walked a couple stores away where Teresa ordered a cold beer.  (Good idea, when you’re low on money buy something else.  Lol.)

Back at the barber shop my barber soon arrived.  I asked him to use a #2 attachment on my beard and moustache and a number 6 on the top of my head.  That cost me 20mil.

We walked back to the clothing store where the owner gave me another 5mil.  Wait.  What?

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 18mil.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Patriots Day (7.3) and Live by Night (7.1).  Locally, I would like to see Allied (7.2) playing at El Tesoro, Mayorca, Premium Plaza, and Oviedo.

I invited Teresa to go with me tomorrow to pick up my chess set at MBE and then have lunch at Flip Flop Sandwich Shop.  I told her if she didn’t want to then I would invite Chuck.  She accepted.


T-shirt of the day: Calles de Medellin.  (Translation: Streets of Medellin)

No comments:

Post a Comment