Sunday, January 22, 2017

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Finally I got a good night’s sleep or as well as you can with getting up 3 times during the night.

Teresa told me we’re not going to Vicky’s until 5-6pm tonight so I told her I’m having lunch with a couple gringos near Parque Envigado.

Just before 10am she left to have her nails done and I headed to the “lower, larger” Exito to see if I could find some relish.  I stopped by Bocados Bar for a second and said “hi” to Martha and MT.

In Exito I found a 12oz jar of Smuckers Strawberry Preserves.  In the past I’ve only seen the smaller jars (8oz?) and didn’t think it was worth it.  I’ve also seen other 12oz jars of Smuckers but they were of the sugar free variety.

I finally found a 12 oz plastic container of Heinz Sweet Relish.  (Last time the relish I found was in a glass container and it was a different brand like Safeway.)

So I purchased those two items and was back in the apt about 30 minutes after I left.

Teresa left and came back at 11:30 with MT.

I left the apt at 12:40 and soon after I arrived at Exito Chuck called my name.  He was there with his wife and I met David and his Colombian wife Beatriz.  Chuck asked me why I didn’t bring Teresa and I told him he didn’t say anything about bringing their wives.  He disagreed about that.

We went a block away to a Chinese restaurant.  We ordered medium portions of chop suey, vegetable fried rice and chicken with broccoli to share.  There was enough food for everyone.  
David is from Portland, Oregon and is visiting with his wife’s family here in Envigado.  They return to the US in a few days but he hopes to retire here in a few years.  Some of us had sodas and others ordered bottles of water.   The restaurant didn’t have tea or juice.  The total bill for 5 people came to 72,000 pesos or about $25 (about $5 per person).

We talked for quite a while and then David and Beatriz left and Chuck and I went for coffee at Bartollo’s next to the park.  Chuck had a portion of cheesecake and I had a tiramisu.  He had never heard of tiramisu – oh, what a sheltered life he’s led in New Orleans.  Lol.

He then took me about 5 blocks away to a children’s park he’s mentioned before.  It had a lot of rides that are common among children’s parks.  It also had a swimming pool and what looked like a small driver’s test course - for tricycles?

We said goodbye and he headed home and I went back to the apt.
MT was still there and Teresa told me we’re not going to Vicky’s today but if the weather is nice tomorrow she, MT and Laura are going to Santafe de Antioquia while I’m watching my football games.

Trip Advisor published my restaurant review of Barbacoa.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,920 to the US Dollar.

Now I’d like to direct your attention to Track Trump, a website that promises to track whether Trump fulfills his stated goals for his first 100 days in office.  https://trumptracker.github.io/

I took a 2mg sleeping pill and went to bed at 10:45.


T-shirt of the day: Gold’s Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment