Monday, January 16, 2017

Sunday, January 15, 2017

I slept pretty well despite getting up 3 times during the night, maybe because I didn’t get up until 10am.

It’s another overcast morning and quite cool – it was still only 72 degrees at 2 in the afternoon.

We left the apt at 2:30 and walked about 15 blocks to an area known as La Mesa (the table) where within a 4 square block area there are quite a few restaurants.

I was looking for Medellin Burger Company (MBC) at Carrera 44a #31 Sur and just about where it should be Teresa talked to a man who I think said it isn’t there any longer and he directed us down the block to Barbacoa (which is Spanish for BBQ).

Their menu consists of a variety of burgers plus ribs, a couple of salad entrees and desserts.  I was going to order onion rings to share but Laura beat me to it by asking for the mozzarella sticks.  I ordered their small burger of the house with fries, Laura ordered their small Mr. H burger with fries and Teresa ordered their ribs with fries.  We each also had a Coke with a glass of ice.

The mozzarella sticks came first which was nice and they contained a large amount of cheese accompanied by a sauce.

I had ordered my burger medium but no blood and he translated that as expected to three fourths and, surprisingly, it came that way.  The burger seemed a little dry until I put some mustard on the bun.  Also, the bacon could have been crispier but I should have asked for that.

I tried one of Teresa’s ribs and while better than Federal Ribs they weren’t as good as what I had in Mercado del Rio.

Talking to the waiter Teresa learned his name is Victor and he’s the son of Ana the lady who has fixed her blouses in the past.  He’s from Venezuela but because of the problems in that country he now lives with his mother in Envigado and is working here.
The ladies thoroughly enjoyed their food.

The total bill was 94,619 (about $33) including tip and tax.

I watched the Green Bay Packers edge the Dallas Cowboys 34-31.
Because the Steelers vs Chiefs game was changed from a 1:30 start to 8:30, due to inclement weather, I wasn’t sure I would be able to watch it on Direct TV.  Per the online TV guide starting at 7pm is supposed to be coverage of the 2017 Australian Open (tennis).

I turned on the expected channel and then watched the Pittsburgh Steelers vs the Kansas City Chiefs until 9pm when it was Teresa’s turn.  I got it back at 10:15 when there wasn’t anything more for her to watch.  The Steelers won 18-16.


T-shirt of the day: Rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment