Saturday, January 21, 2017

Friday, January 20, 2017

Today is Inauguration Day.  It is also the 4th anniversary of my arrival in Medellin, Colombia.

Last night my stomach wasn’t feeling quite right so I decided to skip taking any sleeping pills and see if I could get to sleep on my one.  It was probably the worst night I have experienced in my life.  I don’t think I slept for more than a few minutes.  I think I know the cause and I won’t do that again. 

This morning I took an Excedrin Migraine and as usual it alleviated a lot of my tiredness and the discomfort in my eyes.

I watched the inauguration ceremonies on the Today show.  Direct TV had it scheduled from 10am to noon followed by Ellen DeGeneris at noon so I was curious if they would cut away in the middle of the ceremony.  They actually went until 12:05, cutting away early in Donald Trump’s speech.  I switched to the local news and they were covering it but of course it was in Spanish.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Split (7.6) and The Founder (7.2).  Locally, there isn’t anything I would like to see.

Some good news, I read that Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the Mexican drug lord, has been extradited and is now in New York.  I’m thinking he will have to be tried in federal court before his ass winds up in one of our federal prisons.

An email from Expat Exchange noted that Medellin Living is going to revive their monthly expat meetings.  The next will be at Bogota Beer Company next Thursday night at 7pm.  I sent an email to Chuck asking if he’d like to go.

I completed Chapter 7 – The Pinned Piece in My System.

We left the apt at 3pm for the Euro market in Mayorista.  MT joined us as she had some things she needed. 

I still couldn’t find relish for my hamburgers and hotdogs.  I’ve given up on using the sliced pickles they have here as they are too sweet.

While waiting for the ladies to finish checking our groceries I saw a girl walk by wearing what looked like mukluks.  As we left Teresa questioned why the driver was going a certain way.  It was the same exit we’ve almost always used.  I told the driver to excuse her because she has a little Alzheimer’s.

The traffic was backed up so much on the highway that the driver took us down a lot of side streets.  It’s common here, if you want to go one direction, the driver starts out in the opposite direction.  It wasn’t that bad today but after we dropped off MT we didn’t get back to the apt until 5pm when usually it takes 90 minutes.

I’m not feeling too bad considering the lack of sleep I got last night.  I wonder what time I’ll crash!

I completed 30 minutes on Chess Magnet School.

I asked Teresa what we’re doing tomorrow and she told me her sister Vicky is having eye surgery so we might go visit her.
Chuck told me he’s having lunch in Parque Envigado tomorrow with another gringo and he invited me to join them.  I told him of Teresa’s plans and that we’d have to play it by ear.

I did some Spanish to English translations of my blood test results and did some goggling on the internet.  It seems I may have a vitamin B12 (aka folic acid) deficiency and it’s possible that all the Excedrin Migraine tablets I’m taking are also showing up in my blood because of the aspirin they contain.  We’ll see what the doctor has to say about that.

We watched Secretary (7.1) on Direct TV.

I took a 2mg sleeping pill and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: International jetsetter.

No comments:

Post a Comment