Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Today is another very overcast day.

I received an email from MBE that I have documents waiting for pickup.  It’s probably a 1099; this is the time of year for them.

I left the apt at 11:30 and first stopped at $efecty to pay the Une bill of 71,891.  I gave the girl notes of 50mil, 20mil and 2mil.  She gave me change of 20mil, 10mil, 2 2mil bills and 100 pesos.  I was expecting the 100 pesos but not the rest.  I checked the receipt she gave me back and she had given me the full credit of 71,891.  I asked her if she was sure and she laughed so I left with an extra 34mil+ in my pocket.  Good luck balancing your books at the end of the day.

I stopped on a street corner and bought an avocado for 4,000 pesos that Teresa asked for.

Next was Todo Drogas where I bought a package of Isoklon sleeping pills for 68,500.

I stopped at Nueve eps where Teresa said I would have no problem picking up the results of my blood test by myself.  Right!  I first stopped at the front desk (the shorter 2nd line not the longer 1st line) and after waiting a couple minutes I showed the lady my receipt and she sent me back to the laboratory.  In back there isn’t any room marked laboratory so I ducked into the blood draw room and the lady just pointed me back outside.  I got in a short line for the next room although it said “auditorium” above it.  10 minutes later when it was my turn I went inside and showed my receipt and he sent me outside to where there was a lady sitting at a desk with a computer and printer.  I knew then I was in the right line because I saw others ahead of me giving her their receipt and showing their Cedula.  After a short wait I did the same and she printed out 4 pages, folded them and handed them to me.  I now had my blood test results.

Walking through the park I noticed they now have a row of identical looking bicycles that must be either for checkout or for rent.

I stopped at the internet store where I had my Cedula printed and laminated for 4mil.  I also asked about calendars and bought a nice one that will sit on my desk for 11mil.

I stopped in Exito where I picked up lettuce, eggs and a couple more packages of microwave popcorn, the latter to get me through the playoffs.

Back at the apt I told Teresa about the bicycles and she at first said let’s go.  Then she thought about the dangerous traffic and told me it would be better to wait for Ciclovia (which is Sunday).

I finally got an answer from Shedrain.  They apologized for the delay (first it was on back order and then they had bad weather in Portland they said) and would change the color of my order from red to black and ship it out today.  In the past I have had nothing but great service from them.

I understand Wilson only paid for MT’s blood test so she borrowed 570mil from me for tomorrow’s tests.

Teresa left about 7pm to go to her mother’s apt.

She returned about 9pm and told me that Wilson loaned his mother the money again.


T-shirt of the day: Party hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment