Sunday, January 29, 2017

Saturday, January 28, 2017

I asked Teresa when I could see the apartment she saw yesterday and she told me she didn’t actually see it she just heard about it from the doorman.

About 9:15 I left with Laura for the metro – she was going to work and I was going to wait in line for my Civica card.

We stopped at the foot of the metro stairs where Laura bought a small orange juice from a vendor for 1,200 pesos.  The vendor asked, in very good English, if I’m from the US.  I said, yes, Chicago.  He told me he used to live and work in New York.
At the metro station I understood Laura wanted a Civica card also and since there was only one person ahead of us she was next.  We both signed 2 different documents with our names and Cedula numbers and presented our Cedula.  They had a computer where they either looked up something and/or added our information.  A man spoke to the half dozen or so of us now in line for 2-3 minutes and of course I didn’t understand a word.  We soon had our cards and we went to the ticket booth where Laura added 5,000 pesos to hers and I added 50,000 pesos to mine.

Back at the foot of the stairs I stopped for a medium orange juice (fresh and cold) for 2,000 pesos and talked to the vendor (Herman) a little.  I learned that because I’m over 65 I get a 100 peso discount on my fares and each time the card is used it can’t be used again for 20 minutes to keep from scanning in another person.

I stopped in Exito and checked out the foreign items but just picked up a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese and a bottle of Crisco non-stick spray.

At 11am I emailed Chuck that Teresa was going to the gym and I was bored and does he want to meet for a drink?  He agreed but only from 12:30 to 1pm in the park.  I told Teresa, as she was leaving for the gym, that I would be back by 1:30 for lunch.

Chuck finally arrived at 12:40 just as I was about to give up.  I had a Colombiana and he had his usual double Tinto.  A friend of his, Humbierto, came by and shared with us his problems receiving his Social Security payments.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,939 to the US Dollar.

Yesterday I traded a few emails with Shedrain.  They said my umbrella was held up because of a mixup with my shipping address, they forgot to include the code that identifies my MBE account but it did go out.  I told them I’ll check online to see when it gets to Miami and if I have a problem.

Well, I didn’t plan that very well.  I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30, got up to watch the Senior Bowl on NFL Network and found it was at the 2 minute warning in the 2nd quarter.  The Chicago Bears coaches are coaching the North squad of the Senior Bowl.  The South squad won 16-15.

We realized we had already seen The Sentinel so I switched to The Client.


T-shirt of the day: Sunny Hill Modeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment